Xanthys: Custom Voiced Skeletal Pyromancer Follower WiP Thread

PyroToaster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PTSD from Dark Souls is real, but I feel like that chest transformation really fits him. Looks like some curse (or blessing?) Sheogorath would grant.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o someone hit the lore right on the head!

Well! That Daedric Chest transformation is a little over-the-top, but I like it anyway! Somehow, it suits his character.

Also, you're really tempting me to make a transformation mechanic for Aurlyn as well, although I'd probably have a harder time with it, since scripting isn't really my forte. Plus, finding light/ ethereal-themed creatures won't be an easy feat, but I'm sure there's one or two out there.

haha thanks! I could definitely give you the source code for the transformation. And to make things look etheral is also easy! when your making a creature just add the ghost ability!

Boyyyyy do I have a ton of updates to share with you guys with everything I've been adding, fixing, updating, an general improvements to Xanthys, For starters I have a working beta of Xanthys's Skeleton texture I like it, I might tweak it but the general vibe your suppose to get is "Fire"

Texture by kajuan please take a look at his textures they're very professional!

80d1c6c1f603fa352da0a98a20a1a12f.gif

Armor

As for Armor I added better iron armor for him and even badass dragonbone armor

45fb9565158bdb5fc38bbaa1e956e43b.png6656786ea390cd93387e45f0c1f331bf.pnge8bff473d29c0e337064e02ec3f04d76.png

And finally his armor that you first meet him in!

b6b7b5bc93fa195c4f02ec6f9dd586b1.png

Spells

Firespike

f66bd3962dc33c9cafc4b6e35e1184f0.png

The Fire Spike Spell! It does damage to stamina and health as well as slows the target down, and even imaples everything an anything an stays there, what does he shoot out?

bfc2a7b491e1ea6a6d4c921c8772bacc.png

A human spine thats on fire~

Skullbolt

81d8fa8802bd0fd2d54d422f71fa57e7.png

Skullbolt does damage to health and magika and Im sure you can guess but its a firebolt that shoots.....

d4e768c5c4e6f87034bc0a06da54b7f4.pnga skull wowowoowoowowowowWOOWOW

figuring out nifskope for these kinds of spells it pretty much copying pasting Im surprised that not a lot of people do this. theres more to come and I have 3 more spells you guys havent seen! and Ill be posting a video tonight!

Edited by PyroToaster

Okay so as I was gearing up to show more stuff an record I attempted a demo and one of the feature I havent shown yet was working fine, but the special effects wasnt consistant

fae0bb703c80fb805fe7c0dad6edc0b9.png

and I was like s*** this will look very bad even for a demo so then I started tweaking with the order of the commands and it was just making it worse, so then I started tweaking the " Utility.Wait(0.02) " and now the special effects will play 98 percent of the time

46f7059f33da1313fe33326a9a76aa90.png

Im not sure if this is the limitation of this code or what , I would welcome anyone else's input on this matter, also how do you guys feel about Xanthys's Texture, also would you want me to retexture all his equipable armor to fit a pyromancer? If I did the textures would only be the default 1024 maybe even less since Ill be using skyrims default textures, or would you rather have me leave it alone so people can pick their own default retextures

Edited by PyroToaster

Hmm... No need. I can find appropriate Pyro gear myself. Of course, if he can't equip it, then I would prefer that you do the same instead. Oh, and the teleportation is a nice touch! I had fun writing/ scripting that in my own mod as well!

Edited by mlee3141

Hmm... No need. I can find appropriate Pyro gear myself. Of course, if he can't equip it, then I would prefer that you do the same instead. Oh, and the teleportation is a nice touch! I had fun writing/ scripting that in my own mod as well!

You did a teleportation thing as well?! Haha mine has sorta of a gimmick to it hehe.... And the armors he cant equip he just cant equip and will have no texture, I was trying to make an immersive armors patch for him but the ck instantly crashes when I apply custom armor to him

Okay teleportation! wWOWOWOWOOW. aN IMMERSIVE WAY OF FAST TRAVELING WHEN YOU HAVE AN UNDEAD MAGE THAT FRIGGIN LOVES FIRE. When certain prerequisites are unlocked

you discover a place like whiterun an now you can

fast travel to it from Xanthys by teleporting you guys!

And to keep it from being boring for now Ive added several coc markers to keep it compatible with city overhauls. Why several? Because when you teleport to Winterhold you wont just teleport to winterhold. youll teleport to winterhold at random spots in Winterhold

7288cf72c3a2a41e0caa95f9cffc67bb.pngc8ed0219f78e2131af52af9dbc3b1526.pnge65936722f7f22cb6b56b96fed538c14.png

bc3d994539cbfadb9c2ed923af70abef.png

This feature will be implemented for all holds and major settlements like Riverwood and I'm also trying to implement an effect to the player an xanthys where an makes it feel like you came out of a portal. Im currently in the testing phase of this.

Edited by PyroToaster