Xanthys: Custom Voiced Skeletal Pyromancer Follower WiP Thread

PyroToaster

Okay sorry for the lack of updates been busy an just workin on boring things but now I have something to share! The teleportation feature has been successfully implemented for all major holds if you guys have any suggestions on any other locations let me know for starting points inbetween main holds for immersive playthroughs.

b62cbc363ed7a9a6dd4a8272f2ff39e6.png\

The second feature Im planning on implement I think will be very interesting. Im planning to implement a feature tHat when your in a hold like whiterun for example you can command Xanthys to sell designated items in a seperate inventory and will travel to either belethors goods or the drunkens huntsman depending on what you sell . Arcadia's cauldron for potions as well.

Edited by PyroToaster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, it feels like its been awhile since I was last here. Time for a new update, with more complex features comes slower progress updates unfortunately. But! I have been very busy going crazy adding in the code to get him to sell all the valuables you want him too! Have I accomplished that? No. Coding this feature has been a nightmare, but Im making baby step progress on this feature. I have made him able to travel to belethors goods for now , stand there an talk to him as well as playing various idle's and removes all the items that you have for sale. What I cant get is the friggin gold coins of all those items he sold ND IT S MAKING ME VERY UNSTABLE AN INSANE IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ALKMOST NONSTOP FOR 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But for now have a sneak peak at another Bad ass Fire spell for Xanthys, he got really pissed at a guard making for making fun of using magic. I call this......

Magma Spike

c5beaf419bf756933f1f34b997934b7b.jpg 74c5ceb733f24e528481d8b78d550723.png

Edited by PyroToaster

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY REALLLY BIG UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW SPELL: Chaos Blast by LUMTUM (AGAIN!)

After That Pyroclasm spell LumTum took a loong break because he went insane making that spell he even left the country for a bit, I couldn't let that happen so I ran over to what ever country with those designated s***ing streets and kidnapped him, I wiped chloroform all over his face, just for 2 seconds, anymore an he would've died. I brought him back to the good U.S. of A. super glued his ass to his computer chair an cracked the whip to make him work faster, he started cry about his family or some s*** but the hilarious show the Big Bag Theory or what ever was on and I turned it all the way up to drown out his crying, Sheldon is the internet lol (killmeplzihatemylifelmaooooo)

The history of this spell was pretty fun to watch as it came to be the badass spell it is today. I really gotta start making videos showcasing this stuff because screenshots are boring. It first started as a basic fire bolt spell that would randomly explode on an enemy. heres ChaosBlastv.5 by LumTum

After tthinking it through I thought, "Can the Master and of Destruction Magic really on do that?" No, he can do better, a lot Better! In this next version of Chaos Blast instead of it being a random exploding firebolt, If you shoot it at an enemy they become on fire for 7 seconds, when they are instead of a random exploding fire bolt, on death, they could randomly explode hitting other enemies, leaves an ashpile and bloodybones left from the enemy go flying go flying from the explosion!

Now for the semifinal Update from this spell, What we had so far was a very satisfying visual for our follower but we need to make it even awesomer. So we added more bloody bones and turned back the explosion chance by 33% this ways its not going off every other enemy to prevent annoyance, and increased the spell cost by 75 or 100 I cant remember and for a place holder of something better. on death of the exploded, ashpiled actor, lies another chance to also spawn a Flame Atronach *Whose AI Package was not properly configured in this next Video* I give you Chaos Blast v2.5

Now I mentioned place holder above because Im so sick of vanilla assets, I want something new an exciting. He the MASTER of Fire spells, anyone whose a novice like my baby sister can conjure a flame atronach. But what about the rare Daedric Breed of a Fire Wraith, cousin to the Ice wraith? I aslo configured Its AI Package to when its spawn it wont follow you, it'll just help out an kill stuff around it, it wont follow anyone but its friendly. So far so good. but what about what he's shooting at his enemies to make them explode? A firebolt is sooooo dull, Ive seen it so many times in skyrim guess what he'll be shooting at the enemies? this again! and now for some lore explanation on how the spell works, for that visit the 1st Page!

0f243f43659cce9d68fd87f0a2812884.png

Selling Feature!

thats right! He can now finally sell your items for you by visiting shops ! you can even watch him do it! He can go between the normal store hours but itll be 2 hours before closing time, since he walks there an you might be a the other side of the hold or for what ever reason, its just a safeguard feature so he doesnt go there and its closed

20ba709b3cd640d83c8319c302923263.png5c1a852bbe79710ba80a0bb37d7c008c.png112a5d0e356d827e8217b7771a6855b7.png6e538cb5f2537b3864cdc4c378aa2b81.png481ca11a34915635401f71714529e07a.png82bd60203e442d2b0fb513e4e08306ac.png1bb7d62203d01bcd7d7a90f922e5ca75.png42d101e1a1b680c598280213f6f38590.png

Edited by PyroToaster

New Form: Human Form BIG THANK YOU TO ELLISE FOR THE USE OF HER GILDED DOUBLET MOD

Please check out Ellise's Gilded Doublets, they are very well made an the best lookin non-Bathrobe lookin Mage Outfit! Shes even making a custom TEXTURE ONE JUST FOR ME AN XANTHYS!!!

You're all wondering why he Isnt in his Skeleton form. Thats because to keep it immersive, any would try to attack an powerfull looking skeleton in a hold right the Dragonborn has the the option when you're going anywhere with a big population to utilize a disguise for him to blend in an to not attract attention! I also made it so when you want him to sell things for you if hes not in a disguise he'll disguise himself for you to eliminate micromanaging him! He'll even make remarks about why he has no face and how it feels to be Mortal again.

9998ada903a6be848315c39c03036de0.pngf2dd03b6af4b6b9b79ae9f6fac436b93.png8eaa4357d5e4c6d46c1ed6253721ef50.png8360a99eef3d99ef5b51e9dc2e23d89c.jpg028ca2d052b7b5acab108722a406b417.png

Edited by PyroToaster

looks interesting and definitely different from other followers. I absolutely going to review that one when its done^^

Thank you for the kinda words! And Thats great to hear! Id be honored if you did! and Would definitelyhost your review when its done, I really enjoy your videos!

Edited by PyroToaster

Haha, I already did! The quest I'm writing a backstory on right now, Centric Delvings, was spun from the basis of that idea. Very, very, very loose, but still, having a quest where the Player and Serenity confront/ explore the multitude of realms (other games), and get a chance to defy their writer/ Mod Author was something I wanted to write for quite a while, and this reminded me of it! I wonder why?

Oh, and I explain why Aurlyn is now off the Nexus in this article:

https://aurlyndawnstone.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/iconoclast.html