Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

I've added Nexus sites to my whitelist a while ago. Can't remember any abusive ads during that time, but I'm highly appreciative of what you're doing to make sure the website continues to be a pleasant browsing experience.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your looking at the problem, just last week I was on the site and a bad flash ad tried to infect my system with a drive locking and encryption malware for ransom, because it locked my Chrome Browser and my layered security stopped the attack, luckily my system stopped the attack, but somebody not so computer savy would have their computer held for ransom. I have Flash disabled in Chome just for this reason, no idea what advertising strated the attack because the browser locked up

I appreciate your transparency, but I haven't seen a single online ad in nigh on five years, since I first discovered adblockers, and I'm afraid I won't whitelist any site, regardless of the incentives/ support offered, since I'm against the principles/ philosophy of advertising. However, I'm still very glad to see you're holding user experience as a paramount principle, which redeems a lot about the Nexus in my eyes. Good luck with your new providers; I hope they're better than the current ones! Edited by mlee3141

In response to post #37667005.

Vitz wrote: I've added Nexus sites to my whitelist a while ago. Can't remember any abusive ads during that time, but I'm highly appreciative of what you're doing to make sure the website continues to be a pleasant browsing experience.

Same here, long ago added to Adblock whitelist and never had a problem since. Dunno, maybe ads change depending on place of living...

In response to post #37672345.

FiftyTifty wrote: Or you could have just gone on a free account every now and again, to see how the site works.

If that's talking to me; ads are enabled for me all the time on the site.