Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

since you changed ad providers ive noticed much better ads, no scam ones about "with this one trick make $700 an hour" or "cure your diabetes with this one trick!" wich i am very glad for, the scam ones will just take someones money, but the false medical claims could kill someone

Now the ads i see are a lot of ones for good organizations like hospitals telling people to vaccinate or red cross ads or nice ads from charity organizations for schools and things, nice friendly ads that nobody could be upset by, or more normal things like mortgage loans from banks, none of them intrusive either

so whoever you switched to is much better with their ads, i approve

seriously reccomend whatever ad company you have to all the other sites, because for once i dont even feel a need to to turn adblock on

Edited by lucasnox

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for taking care of this. Im glad you had a reporting system. I used it. To be honest I was at my wits end with leaving nexus tab pages up to cross reference various compatibility issues between mods and having multiple sound ads play at the same time. If was so f*#@ing pissing me off. The sound wasnt modulated or balanced either. So if I did ever enjoy listening to an ad, I was constantly having to adjust the sound level so that another ad that was recorded at a higher distorted level wouldnt blast my speakers. It sucked. I didnt want to have to be downloading and listening to that crap fire off all the time. But what was worse was when the pages would be redirected to another site and not only would I lose whatever tab(s) I had up, it was usually a malicious malware site that required me to go into task manager and manually shut down the entire chrome system.

What a f*#@ing pita. So thank you for fixing that. It was becoming unbearable.

Brad

I had several of those ads that were flash malware that tried to install but they were stopped cold by my security programs,Hopefully since the issue has been addressed I can turn my AB off,Because I love the Nexus and have many great Friends here,Thank you Dark0ne for giving us a heads up appraisal of the AD situation :).

HERE HERE! I am so glad you have done this I love this site and want to support it. But the ads would put on loud audio that would drown out my games and netflix etc. I was at the point of having to close the site when i was done or turn on my ad block. I think advertising keeps a lot of the internet free and don't mind it if its in a tasteful non intrusive form but when they hit you with the kind of crap talked out here it's it VERY annoying. I applaud you for taking these steps.

That's the thing, I would gladly allow ads for sites I love and use regularly but they tend to have the most annoying ads (as you stated, ones that play audio, flashing images or are dodgy in some way). I think the state of site advertising is such a mess, that's why more and more people are using Ad-Blockers. It's nice to know you're trying to combat the problem and I hope you find a provider worthy of your site. =)

Not sure if you've changed already or just pure coincidence but so far they're fairly unobtrusive, fluffy ads, making me happier. The ones that'd autoplay and pump the room full of audio were the worst.

Despite my cynicism you've convinced me that you and your website are a genuine group dedicated to gaming and mods. I've seen a lot of great companies (The Chive, Overkill (the people who made payday) Just to name the first of the top of my head that swore black and blue that they'd never use microtransactions or use horrific ads every 20 seconds that'd pop up before and after a video.

Seriously guys, thanks. You are the best group ever and when my pay comes I'll happily pay to become a premium member. It's the least you guys deserve for the downright honesty and being in it for the gamers, not for the money.

Edited by Humanplyr