Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

The ads have actually gotten worse for me since the provider change. The worst I used to just get annoying videos that slowed down the page. Hardly ever got autoplaying sound, never any redirects.

Since the change, I've gotten two redirects and it seems like every other time I load a page I get this horrible, loud car ad that locks the page so I can't even scroll away from it. Just from the amount of rage that ad has caused I will never buy a Honda.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I have not been bothered by an ad (or possible malware) since the switch. Truly appreciate the attention to this site. Edited by Glomer01

In response to post #38884580.

Indiwolf14 wrote: The ads have actually gotten worse for me since the provider change. The worst I used to just get annoying videos that slowed down the page. Hardly ever got autoplaying sound, never any redirects.
Since the change, I've gotten two redirects and it seems like every other time I load a page I get this horrible, loud car ad that locks the page so I can't even scroll away from it. Just from the amount of rage that ad has caused I will never buy a Honda.

Had the same issue you have a hijacker virus / malware in your computer. I would go to Cnet.com and download spywareblaster and Spybot search and destroy (freeware) run them and it should clean up the issue. If that does not work try Malwarebytes to hitman pro.

I don't recommend Cnet as they have been known to download their own proprietary software that has their own adware in it. Here is a link if you want to know more: http://insecure.org/news/download-com-fiasco.html

I recommend MajorGeeks.com as they allow downloading from the original author's site when it is available.

The best and fastest way to get rid of redirects and adware that I have found is JRT (Junkware removal tool) it is owned by MalwareBytes a well respected antivirus company. But they let you download JRT FREE It is not an antivirus and must be run manually. Get it here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/junkwareremovaltool/

It runs on my multi hard drive system in about 5 to 10 minutes while any Antivirius will take well over an hour and then not remove the redirects or adware that JRT does.

In response to post #38884580. #38925695 is also a reply to the same post.

Indiwolf14 wrote: The ads have actually gotten worse for me since the provider change. The worst I used to just get annoying videos that slowed down the page. Hardly ever got autoplaying sound, never any redirects.
MikhailScott wrote: Had the same issue you have a hijacker virus / malware in your computer. I would go to Cnet.com and download spywareblaster and Spybot search and destroy (freeware) run them and it should clean up the issue. If that does not work try Malwarebytes to hitman pro.

Already have Malwarebytes. =)

JRT is owned by MalwareBytes - it is NOT a part of the MalwareBytes antivirus program. It is a FREE stand alone program NOT an antivirus, but an Adware and redirect remover. It does not replace your antivirus, but supplements it with some extra protection.

Most antivirus programs do not remove adware and redirect software because usually you agreed somewhere to allow them - probably on the 4th page of a long dry lawyer written TOS for some kiddie game program you downloaded. Nobody reads the TOS and the adware people know that.

I'm late to the party but thanks for letting us know about this. It's important information I'd think to anyone who interacts with this site. I had gone through multiple periods of turning my adblocker on and off on this site because the ads were so freaking obnoxious. I completely understand that ad revenue is important to sites like this and considering I don't have the finance to make regular donations I can deal with the ads which aren't overly intrusive.

My adblocker is off and so far I've not noticed anything intrusive or obnoxious yet. Having a reporting system may be a nuisance to maintain but it shows the site's users that you care about the quality of ads on this site. Most can agree ads are annoying, no matter how they're presented. But again, as long as they're not doing what they were before (sudden loud bursts of audio, pausing not working, etc.), I can deal with no adblocker.

I hope others use their adblockers sparingly. Because we want services and providers like Nexus to work with us on this issue, not against us by implementing various methods of outright blocking users who have adblockers.