Change of Ad Provider

Dark0ne

The true alternative is to only traffic ads yourself on your own ad server. If you had your own sales people selling campaigns on a commission basis the ad networks with their low CPMs are just a nuisance to fill left over inventory until you do not need them anymore.

Obviously this is not something you do overnight. But if you are really forced to switch ad networks again and again, it might be something to consider in the long run.

Edited by sheson

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanna thank Dark0ne for the caring about this and taking steps to fix it. Honestly I'm not a supporter because of my work situation. You deserve every penny... And total props to the modders (specially MikaelaM and her whole team) you guys are doin what I wish I could. Some day I hope I can afford the luxury of helping out here...

Isn't it only like $2 to remove ads for life ? I can't remember it's been so long. But if it's still only $2 to remove ads for life, I really don't see this as being such a pressing issue. I've been a supporter for a lil while now and have no problems. Idk I just don't see it being a big issue to force you to move the website to new providers over and over, and go through all this pain. Maybe make a news article or point people to this fact cause most people have no clue they can remove ads for life for $2. Most people I tell this too are clueless and so excited to donate the $2.

Glad to see this happening. I turned off my AdBlocker for the Nexus sites, as requested, then turned it back on because EVERY ad was a video ad, which was 1. irritating, and 2. I also open up many, many tabs while browsing. I'm on a measly DSL connection and everything would bog down. I already have to deal with the hated javascript pop-up window to see non-optimized screen grabs of mods (8 secs to load a picture, no more - these can take 20-30 secs often!), and the ads tried my patience even more.

After Saturday, I'll try it again - but if they're video ads, it's back on. Thanks for addressing the ad issue!

Thank you very much for the update Robin. While I fully understand the desire to keep this sort of background stuff in the background, its been such a problem that its good to see progress being made on it and its nice to have this sort of update from you. Hopefully the new provider will be more reliable, not only for our own sake but for yours as well as I know there's other stuff you'd rather be working on, and we would probably rather you work on too :)

Hey.. the Nexus is sooo awesome I'd be willing to pay an annual membership fee. Is that possible?? Then maybe I should support the modders more than I currently do? Hmm.. decisions, decisions. Edited by ravernware

I was to lazy to report it ,I am however very happy with this happening. Some of the problems this site had on mobile due to the page consuming popups was getting a bit silly. I am however going to restate what I said in your previous post. I had no problems personal with adverts apart from the incident WAY back in 2009-10 correct me if I am wrong. Anyhow my point is I am more than happy even as a premium member to view ads to help the site. I wish this could be implemented.

The way I see it I am helping by supporting and then offering the AD revenue for those who blocked. I am sure there are others like myself who feel this way. We only want the Nexus to thrive more so than ever now with Bethesda encroaching on the financial benefit of the mod scene.

Many Thanks for this wonderful website.

Elderlord

I have officially re-disabled ABP and even though I don't use the site much anymore I'll possibly go premium now after seeing this. I don't tolerate auto-playing ads so I always turn it on for them. However I appreciate somebody who actually cares and appreciate your effort to fix this. Edited by APerfidiousDane