Hardcore Mode???

GodlyHen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would also be cool if Skyrim included the crippling of limbs a la Fallout. In hardcore mode, if your arm is crippled, then you can't block or attack, or you'll have to switch to a different arm. That would be a really good touch.

Because Skyrim is a cold climate, it would be interesting to see if body temp were to become an issue, requiring you to build a fire every here and there in the really cold regions. or if you would need to wear fur armor (OMG it has a use now!) in order to sustain body heat. Maybe during a really bad night, you could just slip inside your taun taun.

Also, if your drinking water from lakes and rivers, you should get negative effects from drinking stagnant water.

Lol yeah I would love hard core mode that's the best roleplaying can get I would like to see a online bazaar that you can go to to trade with other players I know it's impossible due to the mods but I would still love to see it done make it a lot easier when u can't find the last of ur elven armor I just need that dang helm I can't find one I'll just go to the bazaar or trade house I know it won't happen but hey let a guy dream huh? But to get on topic I'm down for hardcore and river water won't be stagnant because it's moving water but if they do implement hardcore mode maybe add boiling the water add having to dry out ur boots don't want athletes foot and fir deep RP add the removal of body waste so then your really could get the s&^t scared out of u lol I can't wait for it to come out I know have to buy it for all 3 consoles for various reasons but hey it's still gonna be epic

I was just thinking about there being a hardcore mode in skyrim a few weeks ago. All of the ideas posted so far are awesome.

I am pretty sure that there will be stagnant water since not all of the water in the game will be running down hill. There will probably be a few lakes or ponds here and there. They could make it to where you run the risk of catching water born diseases by drinking water from a stagnant water source without boiling it first.

Yep, I like body temp idea a lot. I also remember this cool mod from Oblivion, where you'd get blood splattered all over you after fighting with melee weapons, which would affect your charisma. You could wash yourself, of course... might be a nice trade off, do you remain a blood stained, stinking monster, but warm in your fur armor... or do you take a dip in an ice-cold river to get cleaned but risk hypothermia?

It would also be cool if one could set up small camps... Here's a scenario. (Jut play along for a sec,)

Suppose you're travelling a really long distance by foot because your horse broke it's leg in a stinking gopher hole. You're up in the mountains, and it looks like a blizzard may be moving in. If you stay out in this weather, you'll be frozen solid for sure. So you decided to duck into a small cave. It's not much, but the wind break already makes a huge difference. What you need now is a bit of kindle, mammoth dung, and a common and very handy fire-spell to strike a spark.

Now that you've got a bit of light and something to keep you warm, and hopefully keep the critters away, the night closes in, and so does the blizzard. You'd probably best stay the night. Good thing you brought your bedroll.

You skewer a couple squirrels you snared earlier in the day and roast them over your mammoth dung fire, which is burning surprisingly (and thankfully) clean. While they cook you pitch a small tent and lay your bedroll. You just bought this newer, more spacious tent that's got a warming enchantment on it. It's quite a step up from the stitched up burlap sacks you were using before. After eating dinner, you evacuate some nitrogenous waste into a hole you dug in the ground, then sleep the night away.

Because of the great care you took of yourself in the night, you wake up with some health and fatigue bonuses, and will soon be on your way to your destination.