Game vaporlock when in the Kikamore Lair

Mckrty

Thanks for all the tips guys,

So here is where I am and apparently this encounter with the Kik queen can only be completed (I haven't been able to yet) if things are done in a correct sequence.

Geralt has looted both the corpse and the chest and is in the large chamber; the queen seems to be stuck in the entrance to this chamber (destroyed the supports with Aard.) She is not dead and won't advance past the entrance way;she just sits there occasionally stomping her little feet (or what ever they are.)

If I move Geralt closer to her she does the toe tapping routine as well, and if any attack is made the other Kik's sometimes emerge from the floor(yep, all of em) and then it's pretty much game over. Any use of Aard on any of the supports in the main chamber at this time only results in a lot of dust falling, rumbling noise, and the game screen shaking a lot but no boom :wallbash:

If I move Geralt closer to her she does the toe tapping routine as well, and if any attack is made the other Kik's sometimes emerge from the floor(yep, all of em) and then it's pretty much game over. Any use of Aard on any of the supports in the main chamber at this time only results in a lot of dust falling, rumbling noise, and the game screen shaking a lot but no boom :wallbash:

I've seen that happen a couple times before.

One time it cleared up after I ran into the exit tunnel, then back into the chamber, then back to the exit tunnel. The queen got unstuck and came after me. When she was in spell range I cast Aard and the roof came in and things proceeded like it should.

Another time I decided to go back into the chamber let the regular kikkimores respawn over and over while I killed them in a hilarious group killing frenzy (I got a ton of experience from that) at some point the queen suddenly got unstuck *Brown Trouser Moment* and almost killed me while I was running like crazy back to the exit tunnel. I got Aard cast just in time to kill her. Needless to say. I dont reccomend doing that.

Oher times, the queen would just stay stuck and I just had to reload and do the fight sequence over again (booooooo!)

Duno if any of you guys remember experiencing the *following* (guess it's been a while since your last play thru.)

I have to say that this part of the game is very disappointing because of the inflexibility of the options you get to use to work through it. *I also now noticed that (even with all settings set to lowest) the game locks up if you try to use Axii on any of the kik workers.* Anyway...I managed to win the fight an slag the queen *censored* but was not able to loot the corpse so reload time ( another minus, that the game won't let you loot when being attacked.)

I really enjoyed this game up till now despite the fact that it uses the same type of lame inventory system as DAO (hated that game and never finished it.) :yucky:

No, I never had that problem. Must be annoying.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure from memory that this is the ONLY "thou shalt use this technique and only this technique" fight in the game. They seem to be doing one per game so far.

Duno if any of you guys remember experiencing the *following* (guess it's been a while since your last play thru.)

I have to say that this part of the game is very disappointing because of the inflexibility of the options you get to use to work through it. *I also now noticed that (even with all settings set to lowest) the game locks up if you try to use Axii on any of the kik workers.* Anyway...I managed to win the fight an slag the queen *censored* but was not able to loot the corpse so reload time ( another minus, that the game won't let you loot when being attacked.)

I really enjoyed this game up till now despite the fact that it uses the same type of lame inventory system as DAO (hated that game and never finished it.) :yucky:

First off, Congrats for winning !!! You have the patience of a saint.

I feel really for bad for you about not being able to loot her after all the trouble. That truly sucks!

I dont think I ever tried using Axii on a kikkimore, but I do know Igni and Aard both worked fine on the kikkis without causing any problems.

Yeah there are several games I wish I could loot while in combat, but I know they do that to prevent the players from running in grabbing the goods the running away without ever having to fight for it. *thinking about all the loot could have stolen in WoW*

Ahhh yes, the Inventory system... well every game has to have at least one annoyance...

Chin Up, I know you can kick that Kikki Queen tail AND loot her... GO GET HER TIGER!!!

Edited by LenSquig