Another Steam issue

Elsarian

Ok I finally got New Vegas! However, ever since sunday of last week, I have been experiencing nothing but the same problem over and over. I made sure to do a thorough search on Google to find the answers to my problems before resorting to asking here on the Nexus because I am pretty sure that you have heard of this issue about a hundred times.

Now to the description of my problem. There are two problems actually. First: Every time I try to fire up NV, it asks me to log in. Ok, well I type in my password info and hit ,"Login". Well right after clicking that, Steam locks up and is no longer responding according to Task Manager. Second: Sometimes the login will go though, but just to prompt me that "Steam has failed to login, it could be a problem with your internet connection, or steam might be down". Something like that. The strange thing is is that right after I downloaded the game, signed in and all that mess, NV ran beautifully! I woke up the next morning, signed in, and it worked again! Then I got off after about a constant 5 hours of play to take a break and help myself to some Bioshock. Well, a little while later I came back, went to sign in, and......BOOM all this starts happening.

I started searching google and everyone that had the same problem was told to delete a clientregistry.blob file. I did that. Started Steam again, let it update, went to sign in, and no luck. Then there was another person that was having the same problem and He/She was told to delete everything in the Steam folder except for the steam.exe and the steamapps folder. Well I did that, started steam, went to login, and once again, yeah you guessed it, it failed!

So here is my question for anyone here that is willing to help me: Is there anyway to fix this and get NV to work properly? I have only been given a taste of this game and I love it so much. I haven't even been able to do some decent exploring yet so I am ready to get back to it. I thank all of you for your help, and as always, kudos to anyone who can help me.

-Elsarian