Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just checked out the TESNexus site and so far i like what i see, but there is one thing. I'm colorblind so when colors clash they really clash. The bumblebee color scheme isn't just "tacky" as i'm sure it can be aesthetically pleasing for some, but it just hurts my eyes. I have noticed how the colors change from site to site (falloutnexus being brighter than newvegasnexux) so if you're planning on keeping with that trend then just keep this in mind. mine eyes will thank thee

The new design makes me feel less comfortable browsing. It seems to make finding new and updated files a hassle, the file menu-drop seems like it will be a bit annoying after a while and the colors, :blink: .

I really like the current Nexus, it's user-friendly, organized, and all-around good. :thumbsup:

I'm messing around with the texture sheet for fun. Trying to extract the old logo is difficult. I'll see what the thing looks like when I'm done. No texture maker am I it seems.

I like the new design plain and simple. A lot more simplistic but with new style features those who use blogs are accustomed to. Hope to see it online soon and working. Good luck :)

I have to say I like the old design way more, because of these simple facts:

- I have everything clickable without a drop-down-menu, which is way more intuitive

- the old design differs the nexus-sites from other modding-sites and underlines its easy use

- the new design does not support widescreens as much as the old one (at least your preview does not, it does not use a lot of free space on widescreens

- the new design is full of redundant styling, which is contrary to the base concept of the nexus-sites

- the sections are not as divided as in the old design

- I see that you want to put more focus on your blog and I am reading it, but I think the files are actually more important than the blog, which points more to the file-uploaders, which are not the main part of the nexus-users (sadly)

- the new design could be improved by the following things:

-- widescreen support

-- the drop-down-menus should be on the left and 'drop down' to the right

-- a little bit less styling

-- more difference to other modding-sites

I appreciate your effort though and hope this is seen as constructive criticism.

Edited by retakrew7

I personally don't like it and think that the site is fine as it is... It makes me feel quite a bit less comfortable browsing because I just think that the layout is bad.

In this case my opinion is:

''If it aint broke, don't fix it''

My suggestion are the following:

.As spkrchn stated, make it friendly to the colour blind

.Keep the origional colours, they are fine, and plus, the orange and grey is a bit painfull to look at

.Use all the screen, there is alot of space being wasted.

.Add a home option, there is no option to go back to home

.Bring back in the blocked look, it is much better, it seems less cheesy and more proffesional, plus the nexus is known for it.

.Keep the image bar at the top (for instance the NewVegasNexus one has the desert ranger with the majove background). These images are nice and help difer each site.

.Make it unuiqe, different to all the other sites on the net.

Other than these points it is looking good!