Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

Guest deleted1753856
I feel much more comfortable with the current layout, as it adjusts to my widescreen quite nicely. However, the site could use a refresh, and the tes nexus page was certainly more colorful and vibrant. I'm in support of it if can match the functionality of our present one!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks great, but I would appreciate the possibly of an option to view the site in a "classic mode", as the change is very large and would take a while to get used to. Also, the preview images will not show up for me on the new design. But I do like the search bar at the top of the page. Edited by Iceflame542

Meh, the yellows are way too bright on that redesign. It also looks very... generic. I like that it doesn't look cluttered, but it also looks like any one of a few hundred thousand websites one might come across.

There really isn't anything about it that says to me "I'm on TESNexus." It looks like I could be anywhere.

Edited by Mitheledh

I like the new site but there are some changes I like to see if they are to change.

For example, the color layout is nice but the orange is too bright. I liked it with the current one.

And also the width is too small. Maybe around 1000(+/-) pixels to make it bigger?

The site can maybe add in some cool images(site related of course)on both left and right padding{side of the page}, that will be cool.

What I like is the topbar. Easy access. Footer also. Another easy access to those who scroll all the way down and decide to search for files.

Maybe the logo needed a change. To me it doesn't suit the whole TES NEXUS. And too many article in one page. People nowadays doesn't like to scroll as much.

There you have it, My suggestion and comment.

Cheers

Edited by Crane92

I think the new design is absolutely terrible. It looks generic, the colors are painful, and it just looks ugly. The current design is far, far better.

I'd prefer it if the actual design of the site remained the same, while implementing newer features. Just my two cents.

I don't much like the oval buttons. They remind me of shady download sites. I like the current square/rectangular ones better. That logo... is that a placeholder? I hope it is. >.>

Also, anyone else noticing the thumbnails being distorted? For example, here: http://platform.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19009

The user-uploaded images are distorted as thumbnails.

Guest deleted649591

Well the only issue I have ever had with the current site is that you have to click an image twice to actually view it. That's just annoying, but I've learned to accept it.

I really don't like the new look tbh, though I'm sure that doesn't matter. I like having my link options on the side and not needing to find them in a pull down menu. It also looks like it's built for a standard resolution monitor which seems backwards since most all new monitors are widescreen.

Anyway I'm sure you have other reasons for doing this. I greatly appreciate the site and will continue to visit.

Never going to make it 100% compatible with all browsers, not sure if I would worry too much about firefox problems it is not widely used but explore and safari are the main stream browsers. Even much older versions of explore you can get some fairly different results. I dont do much web design anymore but I recall seeing a java script that you put in the index header to 100% compatible with one other browser Edited by Bloodinfested