Skyrim and Steam

SeparateElite

"Hi. Welcome to McDonald's. Today you'll be having a Big Mac, fries and a diet Coke."

"But that's not what I want. I want a Fillet-O-Fish and--"

"Hi. Welcome to McDonald's. Today you'll be having a Big Mac, fries and a diet Coke."

"But I just told you that's not what I want. I want a--"

"Well, okay I guess. This is the only place in town open at this hour. I guess I'll have whatever you just said..."

I usually don't protect steam, but that's not true. Not at all.

You get a bit of advertisement but they don't force you to buy it, also McDonald's doesn't have summer sale where everything is 77% off.

Let's get over this topic already, Steam is a good program for those who like it and those who hate it will always hate it.

End of discussion.

Sure, and when EVERY game the industry produces requires Steam, Ubisoft or something else like them, threads like this will be pointless because any right you had to make choices for yourself will have been taken away.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's so bad?

It's not so bad that i wouldn't buy a Bethesda made open world game but it's bad enough for me to be displeased about it and NOT buy any game made by anyone else which requires it.

And that's so bad?

You can do that with dial-up internet too. And when you did you can always play offline.

Just be happy it isn't Ubisofts (now canceled) always online DRM.

Unless they just changed their minds, you are wrong about Ubi's DRM. The PC version of From Dust will be using it, and less than two days ago they were still touting that fact like a badge of honor, far as I know. I would like to know if this is going to be changed though.

@Herculine

We get it, you hate Steam and every kind of DRM.

I don't support it either, but I'm not going to hate it.

But it's optional, you don't have to use it.

Skyrim won't be steam only I can assure that, Bethesda want more money then just a few hundred thousand that will buy the game on Steam.

@Sepherose I didn't know about From Dust sorry.

But they removed the DRM from AC2 and AC:B so I thought they removed it all together.

Wow, 3 users quited me 3 times in a row. I feel special.

Edited by Iv000

You can't activate Fallout New Vegas without Steam. How is this optional?

Sure, this doesn't apply to every game on the market at the moment, but I believe this is the beginning of an era where someday it will apply to every game on the market. You either get the bar code tattooed onto your forehead or you're allowed to have nothing...

Sure, this doesn't apply to every game on the market at the moment, but I believe this is the beginning of an era where someday it will apply to every game on the market. You either get the bar code tattooed onto your forehead or you're allowed to have nothing...

Everything else except New Vegas then :P (and valve games)

I don't believe that every game will use only Steam or Steam like programs, but only time will tell.

Everything else except New Vegas then :P (and valve games)

I don't believe that every game will use only Steam or Steam like programs, but only time will tell.

Thank you; that's really all I wanted to hear; that at least one other person on the planet recognizes that this could possibly be the prelude to darker times for gamers.

I know... I've watched too many sci-fi movies. But when people start chanting: "Steam is good; Steam loves you; join Steam..." it just really creeps me out...