ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

File Front archiving in progress

Dark0ne

Props, yo. The Nexus has always been a solid bastion for PC gaming in my eyes, and this preservation of countless hours of hard work put in by authors, site owners, and modders alike is a testament to the modding community's tenaciously good nature.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you guys! I grew up with these games too. They all bring back fond memories of simpler times. I'm glad you guys are doing this for sure. Might make me actually go back and play a few of the classics :)

Thank you Dark0ne. I love that someone is taking the time to preserve these games. I recently ran into a very similar scenario trying to find old files for a game that I played many years ago, and found that the main site no longer existed. Thankfully, I had a lot of the files backed up on CD, but alas not all. It is a shame that these old games are ultimately delegated to the graveyard, so to speak....great job as always. I do return to play some of the oldies from time to time, and in my mind only get better to play as our computer systems improve.

Cheers,

In response to post #38543065.

kkthebeast wrote: Good on you guys! I grew up with these games too. They all bring back fond memories of simpler times. I'm glad you guys are doing this for sure. Might make me actually go back and play a few of the classics :)

I approve of your profile pic! ^^

In response to post #38139410. #38139465, #38139860, #38514085 are all replies on the same post.

bootrocket wrote: This may not be the right place to mention this, but is this file-rescuing business causing Nexus site errors -- like avatars and monikers failing to display, and the inability to link to chat or forums -- or is it just me? I'm away from home using an antiquated Macintosh laptop.
Dark0ne wrote: Not that I know of?
bootrocket wrote: Got it. Must be this laptop. Thanks.
bootrocket wrote: OK, I checked my iMac and my PC and it appears to be a Safari thing. Doesn't happen on other websites, just Nexus. I don't get icon photos or member names, and it seems to have started at about the same time as the archiving, but I don't know if that's the problem. Just an FYI, but thanks for the archiving all the same. Oh, and I can't log into Chat or Forums either. Cheers.

Turns out that it was an out-of-date Safari thing. Updated and all is ... OK. Older machines that can not support the new version will be out of luck, from what I can see. Peace, out.