File Front archiving in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #38139410. #38139465 is also a reply to the same post.

bootrocket wrote: This may not be the right place to mention this, but is this file-rescuing business causing Nexus site errors -- like avatars and monikers failing to display, and the inability to link to chat or forums -- or is it just me? I'm away from home using an antiquated Macintosh laptop.
Dark0ne wrote: Not that I know of?

Got it. Must be this laptop. Thanks.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for taking on this this important endeavor, I can appreciate the want/and need for it.

I have a lot of old files backed-up from Quote 1, HL Thief, etc. 'should' you happen to need them.

Cheers!

This tugged at my heartstrings a little. Thank you for doing what you can to save this part of gaming history. Especially UT2004. Some of the mods and maps made for that game are truly unique and we will probably never see their like again. Now a nexus supporter!

I couldn't be happier to see so many amazing mods being saved like this, and to now finally have them on the Nexus is just as refreshing as it gets. Thank guys, you all rock!

this is probably off-topic but I think it illustrates the point of saving the past for future generations;

my cousins husband, Kim, used to work at a parts supply store. when he worked there, his boss had accumulated a large collection of parts for old tractors going back about 40+ years. when Kims boss sold the business he left the catalogs in the care of the new owners. Kim had a customer come in for a part from a 40 year old tractor. Kim didn't have a part number to try and match up with the newer parts catalog, so he went back to his old employer to try to get one of the old parts books for a number. they had thrown out all the old parts books. a lot of older farmers still use OLD tractors because they like them and they are easier to work on. I know progress is supposed to be for the better, but without knowing where we came from...how do we know where we want to go?

just a thought