Why do people seem to prefer Fallout New vegas to fallout 3.

arcane20

I dont' think it's reel, most people i asked liked more Fo3.

I love the desperate desolated mood in Fallout 3, the game is violent and creepy, the first time you go out the Vault with your little bb rifle it's impressive you might get kill by anything, visually the landscape in Fallout 3 is more detailed, more worked than in NV.

I loved the dark subway tunnels, the ruins of DC, the Vaults and mostly Vault87 and its awfull secret, enclave secret base Raven Rock, abandonned factories, the wasteland feels way more bad dangerous than the mojave.

Ok now i'm holding my hammer....

NV is too bright funny it's not so apocaliptic there are to much people living there you never feel like they're in danger.

New enemies ?

Papa & Mama deathclaws are pretty scary ok cassadores too..ok ... hum waht about the legion, they sucks, for real these guys are ridiculous with there litlle dresses, tryin to cut me with a machete as i'm wearing my T51b , and Geckos ahh wait a minute am i supposed to be afraid of them ?

Seriously they are fun all you want to do is kick them in the face, most of the time i was fighting them melee style just for fun, Little green Mantis are completely useless they couldn't kill you unless you pull down your weapon and sit down waiting.

After playing Mart's Mutant Mod in Fo3, the mojave feel like disneyland.

I found the background of the game boring, the landscape textures are ugly and the heightmap is unrealistic, like they modeled it in a weekend, i mean wired moutain forms, like they throwing big rocks randomly and just beside impossible tiny round smooth hills so when you run you feel like in a boat ( up/down/up/down i see you/i don't etc) , some paper rocks & fake plastic trees ho and a gecko of course.

and as you travel suddenly mountains turn red and you meet the khans, ok i will not continue caus i'm gonna be very bad.

Most interiors are the same as Fo3 (seriouslly it's not an addon, it's supposed to be a game)

what about the city of new-vegas ?

Way too little, after visited the strip, i was desapointed, i expected something different, i wanted more and i had less, that's what happen when you make a game in one year.

How is it that with the same game engine as Fo3 the game is way uglier?

I know i'm not gonna have new friends in the Fallout Fans community by saying this, i discovered Fallout universe with Fallout 3 and i loved it played it several times moded it every way possible and after 4 years still enjoying it, once by curiosity, i tried Fallout 1&2 and i didn't like the characters and the background had that pretty fun/politicaly incorrect mood , i didn't feel these games like serious or realistic i didn't felt anything playing these, it was just like the actors ingame are all sociopaths wich cannot feel any emotion, in fact you just do fight visit new place then fight visit new place etc..., and after that i still prefer Fallout3, and last year i purchased NV and i feel the same wired fun/serious mood of Fallout 1 & 2 and it didn't catch me much ; i played it but just once, and after tryin bothly the same mods as Fo3 i quited and returned to the Wasteland.

It's clear that if Fallout follow this path i will not follow and will not be the only one.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeehaa Pardner! I guess I liked the Desert/Cowboy theme a lot more. That, and Obsidian actually took ideas from what they had seen done by the community (Hardcore mode, Ironsights, etc...). One last reason would be that New Vegas actually takes place in the Core Region, so I consider Fallout 3 a spin-off from the saga. Edited by Yoshh

I'm actually looking forward to Bethesda doing another Fallout if they choose to. I think it was said that Fallout 3 to them was pretty much an experiment at the time. Besides The Elder Scrolls, I don't believe Bethesda has done any other major rpg games. They certainly hadn't done any games like Fallout. Considering the success they've had so far with Fallout, I think we'll get a much less vanilla product next time around if they choose to do another.

Regardless of what they do, it'll most certainly be a success considering they're not selling to a large Fallout purist group. They're more or less selling to the "YEAH BRO, FALLOUT ROCKS MAN. I'M GONNA GO PLAY ALL MY OTHER SWEET GAMES ON MY XBOX 720." Since Bethesda tends to take a lot of pride in their major projects, I hope the next Fallout they do is done truer to the series. Fallout 3 felt way too vanilla and not entirely as artistic as it could have been, to me at least.

I dont' think it's reel, most people i asked liked more Fo3.

I love the desperate desolated mood in Fallout 3, the game is violent and creepy, the first time you go out the Vault with your little bb rifle it's impressive you might get kill by anything, visually the landscape in Fallout 3 is more detailed, more worked than in NV.

I loved the dark subway tunnels, the ruins of DC, the Vaults and mostly Vault87 and its awfull secret, enclave secret base Raven Rock, abandonned factories, the wasteland feels way more bad dangerous than the mojave.

So basically, a STALKER clone.

Ok now i'm holding my hammer....

NV is too bright funny it's not so apocaliptic there are to much people living there you never feel like they're in danger.

It's not supposed to. The Mojave is industrious, it's thriving. It's been 200 f***ing years since the war, not 20.

New enemies ?

Papa & Mama deathclaws are pretty scary ok cassadores too..ok ... hum waht about the legion, they sucks, for real these guys are ridiculous with there litlle dresses, tryin to cut me with a machete as i'm wearing my T51b , and Geckos ahh wait a minute am i supposed to be afraid of them ?

Seriously they are fun all you want to do is kick them in the face, most of the time i was fighting them melee style just for fun, Little green Mantis are completely useless they couldn't kill you unless you pull down your weapon and sit down waiting.

After playing Mart's Mutant Mod in Fo3, the mojave feel like disneyland.

They aren't supposed to be scary, though.

I found the background of the game boring, the landscape textures are ugly and the heightmap is unrealistic, like they modeled it in a weekend, i mean wired moutain forms, like they throwing big rocks randomly and just beside impossible tiny round smooth hills so when you run you feel like in a boat ( up/down/up/down i see you/i don't etc) , some paper rocks & fake plastic trees ho and a gecko of course.

and as you travel suddenly mountains turn red and you meet the khans, ok i will not continue caus i'm gonna be very bad.

You realize the Mojave is basically the Capital Wasteland, correct?

Most interiors are the same as Fo3 (seriouslly it's not an addon, it's supposed to be a game)

Words can't describe how stupid this statement is. :wallbash:

what about the city of new-vegas ?

Way too little, after visited the strip, i was desapointed, i expected something different, i wanted more and i had less, that's what happen when you make a game in one year.

HOW DARE THE ENGINE RESTRICT THE SIZE! They should be waterboarded for this!

How is it that with the same game engine as Fo3 the game is way uglier?

Excuse me? They look the exact same!

know i'm not gonna have new friends in the Fallout Fans community by saying this, i discovered Fallout universe with Fallout 3 and i loved it played it several times moded it every way possible and after 4 years still enjoying it, once by curiosity, i tried Fallout 1&2 and i didn't like the characters and the background had that pretty fun/politicaly incorrect mood , i didn't feel these games like serious or realistic i didn't felt anything playing these, it was just like the actors ingame are all sociopaths wich cannot feel any emotion, in fact you just do fight visit new place then fight visit new place etc..., and after that i still prefer Fallout3, and last year i purchased NV and i feel the same wired fun/serious mood of Fallout 1 & 2 and it didn't catch me much ; i played it but just once, and after tryin bothly the same mods as Fo3 i quited and returned to the Wasteland.

If you don't like the first two Fallout's and New Vegas, I think this series isn't for you.

It's clear that if Fallout follow this path i will not follow and will not be the only one.

Good, we don't need another "it needz 2 be sirius n scary!" kid like you.

I hate when kids who think they know about games have to put their opinions in. You don't know anything about Fallout. This is why I hate Fallout 3 fanboys, they think that their game is like a masterpiece and that the original games suck "becuz thay rnt srs." Meanwhile FO3 had

Edited by AveTruetoCaesar

I played Fallout 3. Love it. Beat it multiple times but I still prefer New Vegas too it. I just feel that New Vegas is much more open which is one of the biggest reason why I love Bethesda RPGs. Plus I like the idea of it being post apocalyptic but still not completely destroyed like New Vegas.

You dare to call me fan boy while your name is Avetruetocaesar ?

Your argues about mutant predators that don't need to be scary and about the game engine are non-sense, you just said it the two games are the same, but Fo3 is bigger and if enemies are not scary it destruct a little the interest of the game.

and about Liberty Prime... it was construct by U.S army at a time where in my opinion, USA were some kinda militarist dictature, that's what i feel when i see these posters (courage today, victory tommorow etc...) reminding me of 2nd world war, nazi-propaganda posters like these http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/posters2.htm

Anyway i supposed if what you say is true that i'm not a real Fallout Fan and it doesn't change the world.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

Its really all an opinion. No game is good, no game is bad. Its all relative to one person's opinion.

All the while when I played Vanilla F3 I felt like I was playing a demo, a taste of what was to come. F:NV felt more like a full game. Multiple choice endings, a real option to be an evil character.. etc etc.

In my opinion, Bethesda didn't spend all too much time on F3 because they wanted to see how a 3d fallout game would go. Because as you all should know, F1, F2, and F Tactics were all top view rpg games.

EDIT: Also, its likely F3 felt different because it was the only game in the series not made by Black Isle studios. F:NV is a true fallout game. Its not supposed to be a horror game like I felt it was in the metros of F3....

Edited by Deagonx

You dare to call me fan boy while your name is Avetruetocaesar ?

I laugh everytime I hear a Legionary say that,

Your argues about mutant predators that don't need to be scary and about the game engine are non-sense, you just said it the two games are the same, but Fo3 is bigger and if enemies are not scary it destruct a little the interest of the game.

Sure, FO3 was "Bigger" but that was because most of the map was miles of generic waste. As well there's no interesting small settlements in the Capitol wasteland. Even the big settlements are boring. And the enemy's in Mario aren't scary, you saying it sucks?

and about Liberty Prime... it was construct by U.S army at a time where in my opinion, USA were some kinda militarist dictature, that's what i feel when i see these posters (courage today, victory tommorow etc...) reminding me of 2nd world war, nazi-propaganda posters like these http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/posters2.htm

What? Dude, it's supposed to be humorous. A parody 50's McCarthyesism. There's no allegory to Nazism in it at all.