Why do people seem to prefer Fallout New vegas to fallout 3.

arcane20

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they will be much better than New Vegas and will not take place in desert, i like covered sky and rain in games or in movies it's artistically more powerfull (that's my opinion).

Yeah, that's not happening. A Nuclear war would reduce the world to desert.

i hope FO4s mood will be a post-apocalyptic like DC but with characters, choices, dialogue, and factions like NV

third time's a charm, right Bethesda !

This isn't happening. I mean, it's been 200 years. And yet there was more orginization in Fallout 1, and that was barley 90 years after the war.

Edited by AveTruetoCaesar

I hope they will be much better than New Vegas and will not take place in desert, i like covered sky and rain in games or in movies it's artistically more powerfull (that's my opinion).

i hope FO4s mood will be a post-apocalyptic like DC but with characters, choices, dialogue, and factions like NV

This isn't happening. I mean, it's been 200 years. And yet there was more orginization in Fallout 1, and that was barley 90 years after the war.

Actually just to point it out, if they made the next FO in the Denver (Dogtown in the Van Buren docs) area, it could very well be a destroyed area but still have a lot of choices and a few factions. There are some areas that haven't successfully been reclaimed in the FO world. So long as it has the depth of story NV had, and the more subtle black humor, I'll be happy. And about the world being a desert, that isn't absolutely true, look at Chernobyl, it's pretty green and lush. Basically, so long as a bomb didn't hit directly there, plants could start to take back areas after 200 years, even with the dust cloud from the initial bombing killing a lit of them.

Edited by Sepherose

I prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas by far. New Vegas was very lacking in a lot of areas, and it was not once epic... New Vegas was very meh for me. 7.5 was a good rating, maybe even too high.

This. Even in the endgame it wasnt epic at all.Hardly anything it was more a small skirmish rather a total war.

Actually just to point it out, if they made the next FO in the Denver (Dogtown in the Van Buren docs) area, it could very well be a destroyed area but still have a lot of choices and a few factions. There are some areas that haven't successfully been reclaimed in the FO world. So long as it has the depth of story NV had, and the more subtle black humor, I'll be happy. And about the world being a desert, that isn't absolutely true, look at Chernobyl, it's pretty green and lush. Basically, so long as a bomb didn't hit directly there, plants could start to take back areas after 200 years, even with the dust cloud from the initial bombing killing a lit of them.

Umm, Chernobyl wasn't an explosion, it was some radiation leakage. As well, Radiation works differently in Fallout.

Its Bethsedas assets used in FNV. Just Obsidians lazy coding in New Vegas. Their assets,they published. Hence why nearly everything looks the same :confused:

Chernobyl WAS an explosion. The reactor blew up. Thats why the building is destroyed. It wasnt a little rad lead it was a major near catastrophic failure of components and people. Chernobyl was in essence an accidental dirty bomb. Why do you think Pripyat is literally a ghost town? Sure theres people living there but when the reactor blew up everyone cleared the hell out. the Russians just put a concrete sarcophagus over it and hoped it would keep the locals from glowing in the dark or growing a thumb out their forehead... I could go into further detail but thats a whole nother topic.