Race impact on gameplay

Lehcar

How much impact is your race going to have on gameplay this time around? Is it gonna be the same as Oblivion or will they try to make it more "in-depth"? For example, how is your race going to affect how people treat you?

P.S, if Vampirism is making a return, are they going to make it more interesting as well? For example, will we get to do certain quests differently as a vampire? I found it weird with a few quests in Oblivion, like that one with the vampire hunters in Skingrad, where they claim to be so good at hunting, yet somehow they don't even realize that the man/woman they're staring right in the face to is in fact a vampire. Or that one in Bruma with the *false* vampire hunter, that guard captain guy is standing there going on about how horrid and vile vampires are, and he doesn't realize that he is speaking to one...! I so hope it will be better, I love being a vampire. <3

Edited by Lehcar

They are keeping really quiet about vampirism. It will be in, but that seems to be all they will say.

As for races, they won't have a huge impact, but it will be helpful to going down a certain path. To use an example that Todd Howard himself used, a Nord is suited to being a warrior, because of their racial abilities and skills, but it is still perfectly fine to have a Nord mage, albeit a bit harder. Note that there are no speed differences between races anymore, just abilities and base skill levels. Argonians, for instance, will have water breathing, Khajit will be able to see at night, etc.

I think it will be the same as with genders, there will be some differences but overall i dont think it will have much impact on the game.

Maybe there will be some unique quests for each races, but who knows maybe we wil be plesantly surprised.

I too hope vampirisim will be this time..vampirism, there is so much that can be done with it, i seriously hope they made it worthwile, when i remember the good old days with Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and imagine that vampire system in Skyrim..that would be so awesome...but i doubt it will by anything close to that.

I also seriously hope there will be werewolfs, im looking more to that then vampirism to be honest and if they dont release it with the game i hope it will be added as DLC.

Edited by pavy

I guess races used to warmer climates would get a minor cold penalty, that might lessen as they level up.

But if that isn't included in vanilla, it should be easy to mod in.

Heres a idea, maybe when fighting a unique Draughr, like a ancient nordic warlord or something, if you are a Nord he challenges you to a one on one duel. If you are a beast race he will instantly attack, and if you are a elf, talk you to death I suppose.

They've still got their usual minor differences. Khajiit can see in the dark, argonians are immune to poison and breathe underwater, etc. Then there's the aforementioned stat changes that can be overcome in about 20 minutes of play.

They've still got their usual minor differences. Khajiit can see in the dark, argonians are immune to poison and breathe underwater, etc. Then there's the aforementioned stat changes that can be overcome in about 20 minutes of play.

Not necessarily. It's been hinted at in an article that Beth refuses to confirm or deny that each race will have different skills that they will excel at and possibly different perk trees(same perks but arranged differently). Can't wait to see how it plays out.