Bethesda threatens Minecraft creator with lawyers

Deleted472477User

Bethesda is starting to annoy me. they are still in that lawsuit about someone making a Fallout MMO. idc if a Fallout MMO would bomb, i would love to see it. idr the specifics about it, but they seem to get their panties in a bunch over a lot of crap

actually bethesda was in the right, bethesda owns fallout and beth let then go ahead with the MMO even though they had no legal reason to do so but interplay did some sandy dealings. like selling fallout and fallout 2 in their website and keeping all the profits even though bethesda owns those games now. interplay lives in the past they still believe they own everything fallout even if they sold it to bethesda years ago.

also as for as i know its still being worked on

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

now for minecraft thing. from ign.com

"Notch says he's a big fan of Bethesda's work, adding "I assume this nonsense is partly just their lawyers being lawyers, and a result of trademark law being the way it is."

i hope to see bethesda applause for this if not. shame on them.

"Notch says he's a big fan of Bethesda's work, adding "I assume this nonsense is partly just their lawyers being lawyers, and a result of trademark law being the way it is."

i hope to see bethesda applause for this if not. shame on them.

Some random quotes from notch about this:

I still <3 Bethesda. This is hopefully just lawyers being lawyers.

Again, to be clear, the devs at Bethesda are cool people! This is their lawyers. They're a very big company now.

But I LIKE those guys! :(

I still doubt that the devs on bethesda knows about this though, but still. If they don't deny this soon they might really become the bad guys... And we will have an unrequited love on our hands :P

Edited by amycus

Looks like the body cooperate doesn't like others to use the term scrolls. Just like how companies are patenting genes naturally found in the human body. Beyond silly.

And Todd and Markus seemed so friendly earlier. I wonder what Todd says about this.

Todd is not the CEO of the company so I doubt it was up to him really.

CEO is Vlatko Andonov who is some Russian guy that I don't know much about.

Todd Howard is not in charge of the company at all really.

If the name of the game was Elder Scrolls then there might be a problem. As it is though is fine. The Elder Scrolls will blow any game out of the water. Bethesda doesn't need to worry considering the fact that Minecraft sucks and if this game Scrolls is made by the same people it will most likely suck too.

That's part of the problem and part of why trademark exists, actually. If I make a game that sucks and call it "Eldar Skrolls" it hurts the reputation of "The Elder Scrolls." See Notch's blog post.