Steamworks confirmed.

ThomasKra

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how the directory structure of the game is set up, but yes you can probably just move the Skyrim stuff if you want. Don't see why you wouldn't want all your games on the SSD for the performance increase though.

Space.

I'm putting my Windows on the SSD, obviously.

Don't want Steam taking up all the space.

CoD Black ops, 8,4 GB.

CoD MW2, 4

Portal 2, 10.

Total War: Shogun 2, 18, for whatever weird reason.

5GB for TF2 and CS:S and Half Lifes.

The main reason I would want Skyrim, and Skyrim only, on the SSD is loading times. Breaks immersion pretty effectively. Not such a problem with other Steam games like Team Fortress 2. And I assume this is the case for most people.

Also, Kudos'd for the junction thing :P

Be careful with those. They can be flaky in WinXP and keep in mind that if you delete the Junction Point, it will delete the linked folder as well.

I like seeing everyone be okay with this. A year ago it was just a ton of people jumping on the "steam sucks" bandwagon starting redundant petitions.

Steam is the ideal DRM. Prevents games from being pirated before release and isn't overly intrusive like Ubisoft's.

what is Steamworks? I have steam for the free TF2 which I can barely play. So i have no idea what this even is.

Just a longer title for Steam.

Edited by urbex

what is Steamworks? I have steam for the free TF2 which I can barely play. So i have no idea what this even is.

Not quite.

Steam = Digital distribution that you choose to use.

Steamworks = DRM that forces online registration of physical retail purchased games and prevent their resale.

Not quite.

Steam = Digital distribution that you choose to use.

Steamworks = DRM that forces online registration of physical retail purchased games and prevent their resale.

Well you can make the link yourself, saying "Skyrim requires steam" and "Skyrim runs steamworks" imply the same.