Bring Out the Dead and buy their house

JacktheRipper2007

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, everyone has houses they dont use. I have hundreds......

If you could buy every single house in oblvion, then you would have a lot fo houses you didnt use. If we limit it to a certain number then it isnt so stupid, but also still gives you choice over what houses you want

yes but i mainly use moded houses, but people who have every house in oblivion either try to impress people by saying they have or just do it because they might have too much gold yet to lower amount of gold would be easier to just player.removeitem f x amount of gold. plus how would you stop people killing the city leaders and having their castle?

Well, everyone has houses they dont use. I have hundreds......

If you could buy every single house in oblvion, then you would have a lot fo houses you didnt use. If we limit it to a certain number then it isnt so stupid, but also still gives you choice over what houses you want

why not use certein NPCS that are not giving quests? or the odd NPC with a quest that you have to kill ( not DB)

why not use certein NPCS that are not giving quests? or the odd NPC with a quest that you have to kill ( not DB)

That was exactly what I was thinking. Say for example, Glarthir, or somebody you have to kill in one of the dark brotherhood missions.

And LOLAssassin, the ability to buy someone's house would only apply to those NPC's that have the scripts attatched to. So you won't be able to buy everyones houses, only the first people you kill. People will have to buy these houses, but will only be given the said option if the NPC originally owning it died. There would be an amount to the amount of houses you own.

And as for the counts, there will only be a limit to one. So a player can't just become count of every city.

ok then. but Baenlins house goes to his relative Caelnin so what would you do with those guys? and lokmir and people who died but the player could not stop thier killer, or the player did not kill that person what would you do with that?

you do know you will have questions like these alot

Then we will not use Baenlin, or Lorkmir. We will use the ones we think suitable to use. I don't personallhy think the player should be able to become a count, its a bit odd if a random adventurer becoems the ruler of a county just because the old one (who would have had heirs) topped it mysteriously and this new bloke had a lot of cash, y'no :happy:

ah (sorry if you find me annoying, but to find stuff out on how/what people have done in there mods is usefull fr the readers and me)what about roland jesensurics cabin or seridours house? you can kill roland (in the quest) and either way you have to kill seridor

But again, as Infinite realm said earlier, we will only use the characters if we think that it would be reasonable for a player to buy out their house. Think, if the people owning that house died, then that house would become un-used. Empty. Pointless. So you ask the count of said town to buy the house. The count of somewhere isn't really going to want a town of empty houses.

And anyway, it's not annoying, it's quite helpfull actually :)

Although, I do quite like the idea of becoming a count. Maybe if the player is famous enough, or if they are.. you know... kind of worthy of being a count. How we decide this, I will think of. Maybe a quest.

Archived