What do you think about reality T.V.

kvnchrist

Depends which one, but generally they are all crap. I usually only watch science channel and unfortunately that channel has been toned down for idiots.. Well it always has been but more so recently than I can remember.. They have a new show I see where they launch anvils.. I suppose they are trying to lure in the more dimwitted people.. fine..

I think ....I am not particularly interested in the lives of those people I know personally...much less the idiots they find for the television.

:whistling:

Ain't I a stinker?

Absolute garbage. It's sad how all the good channels (Animal Planet, Science Channel, History Channel, etc.) have stooped down to that level. It's great when I go over to my mother in law's and she has 300 channels and there isn't a SINGLE thing to watch except reality crap...so sad.

That's not my reality. :rolleyes:

Much if the conflict seems contrived

They are heavily edited

I believe some scenes are actually reshot to get more contrived drama when it didn't come across the way they wanted on the first attempt

The people are more like caricatures than real people

They are cheap for the networks to produce so they make a lot of them - quantity vs quality

The only time I watch any of this stuff is when it is on somewhere else - someone elses house, at a bar, etc.

I really don't see its appeal at all.

History channel which I used to watch when they actually had history on is now not even on my watch list at all.

If you don't watch it seriously, it has entertaining moments which is the exact purpose. Don't expect to learn about amazing things or live vicariously through amazing stories.

And I suspect those that don't spent too much time on TV spends it mostly at their PC! :biggrin: