Would you have an animal companion?

Omeletter

I'll need to make a mod to get me a a psycho bunny pet that turns the tables and chases the wolves... Or just a placid bunny to sleep on my girl's lap by a warm fire after a hard day questing will do.

BUNBUNMy link ?

lol that's what I'm after, except with an itty-bitty bow and quiver :D

I've read somewhere that animals as companions are available.

Wow, I've never heard of this "companion" idea to be introduced into Skyrim ... The idea isn't even mentioned or touched upon on any of the interviews or gameplay footages I've seen this past month. Very interesting ... If you have any more additional information (links and what not) would love to see them like.

HOWEVER, if companions perminately die, then they are a total waste of time. Instead of focusing on fighter monster X I'll be trying to figure out how to keep my dog alive. That's not how it's supposed to work.

Totally agree. They should definitely have some way of either, retrieving them (once they've been slain) through a spell or a shrine of some sort - spread around the map.

If your talking about humanoid companions they are all across the internet. For Dogs and that stuff I couldn't imagine them not being in given the Fallout 3 Success of Dogmeat. Bethsoft also hinted to it as well. When I played on the 360 over 3 years ago on Oblivion of course I always wanted a dog companion more than a humanoid companion. Yes Shivering Iles you say had one but that one I could lose and it dies easily. It didn't even feel like a companion compared to Fallout 3's Dogmeat. By the well it seems there are different dog models. Anyone Else notice?

They might have the essential part or not. And I guarantee if marriage and companionship works well in Skyrim, I know it will be in at least one or so of the DLC's.