Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, i'm trying to be positive about this move but it's not sitting with me well... it's kinda like indigestion. The things that bother me are still there. There are some redundant and un-needed buttons (the green buttons on the right-hand side) and the total waste of space that's present is still unsettling. Maybe i'm more sensitive to the wasted space because i'm on a 32" monitor but any way you slice it it's too much. I also *hate* that files don't seem to have preview images. I really don't want to have to click on every link just to see an image of what i could potentially download. I weed out a lot of things based on those preview pictures and just reading the description isn't enough. As an aside, i'm also still curious as to whether there's a way to downvote a file because i'm not seeing it. IDK, the new design is just not that special and it comes off as another generic site that looks like a million others. It's too bad.

Man, i'm trying to be positive about this move but it's not sitting with me well... it's kinda like indigestion. The things that bother me are still there. There are some redundant and un-needed buttons (the green buttons on the right-hand side) and the total waste of space that's present is still unsettling. Maybe i'm more sensitive to the wasted space because i'm on a 32" monitor but any way you slice it it's too much. I also *hate* that files don't seem to have preview images. I really don't want to have to click on every link just to see an image of what i could potentially download. I weed out a lot of things based on those preview pictures and just reading the description isn't enough. As an aside, i'm also still curious as to whether there's a way to downvote a file because i'm not seeing it. IDK, the new design is just not that special and it comes off as another generic site that looks like a million others. It's too bad.

I can agree that it would be good if we had one image as a preview of each mod when we search. When we upload our files we are allowed to choose which page should be shown first in the slideshow when the file description first loads. Why not let the same pic be visible right next to the file name when you search?

Preview images exist, you just need to be logged in to see them (just like the current site).

Really? :wacko: I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing. I mean that when you search for example the word "armor" on any of the download sites you get a list of the search results, but you need to enter each one to see any preview image. Here is a quick image I edited:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/amycus89/suggestion-1.jpg

In the real site, while I'm logged in and search, there isn't any images shown just like in the 4th mod on this list ("alternative arms and armor tints"). The other upper 3 mods have images that I have added myself with photoshop to demonstrate how I would like it to be (I'm sure one can make it look nicer, this is just a quick edit to show what I mean).

Edited by amycus