Nexus redesign finalised, launching next week

Dark0ne

To be honest, I really dont like it. Gradients and stripes, the stupid rounded buttons, the little logo at the top.... they're all very, very generic web 2.0. I cant say I like the font either. The redesign one looks kinda... intrusive. That's just my opinion. Not liek it matters, I guess.

If there was an option to switch between layouts, you'd make a lot of people happy.

Also, maybe make it so the ads that make sound dont make sound unless you mouse over them. Because it is the most annoying thing, when you're browsing the nexus, and opening tabs, while playing music or something, and having ads blaring stuff about fashion and detergent, and whatever the hell else they are trying to sell to people who most likely dont care...

I honestly wouldn't care about the redesign, if that was implemented.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't like it, at all. As I mentioned before the functionality is decent and improved on many areas, but the layout feels cheap and outdated. A lot of 'web 2.0' design elements have been used, while frankly we've moved on from there to more sleek and simple designs.

I'll probably make it more to my liking with stylish (firefox addon) once it's released, might post that later for people that prefer the old version like me.

-Edit: I should read the whole post before commenting :p-

I'm not sure if I like it yet. The graphics are nice, but everything seems a bit squished into the middle. If there were something in the background, like some art or something related to the game the site is for, maybe a bit grayed out, it'd feel better.

Regardless, the layout will probably grow on me.

Edited by Guest