Mod Anticipation

stimike

Here's an idea: Conjuration overhaul. Summons are "sustained." Once you summon a creature, it sticks around until you dismiss it or it dies. You can also summon as many creatures as you wish. If this sounds broken, here's the catch: If a summoned creature dies while under your command, you take damage equal to the 3 times the summoned creature's maximum health, or half your own maximum health (whichever is greater). You can walk around with a scamp army if you want, but you'd better be able to take care of them!

For NPCs, the caster dying before the creature doesn't automatically dismiss it: It just means it's stuck in this plane. You'll have to take out their summoned creature one way or another. This makes the "hide behind your summoned creature" enemy strategy much more dangerous because it'll no longer work to just ignore the summon and attack the summoner.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea: Conjuration overhaul. Summons are "sustained." Once you summon a creature, it sticks around until you dismiss it or it dies. You can also summon as many creatures as you wish. If this sounds broken, here's the catch: If a summoned creature dies while under your command, you take damage equal to the 3 times the summoned creature's maximum health, or half your own maximum health (whichever is greater). You can walk around with a scamp army if you want, but you'd better be able to take care of them!

For NPCs, the caster dying before the creature doesn't automatically dismiss it: It just means it's stuck in this plane. You'll have to take out their summoned creature one way or another. This makes the "hide behind your summoned creature" enemy strategy much more dangerous because it'll no longer work to just ignore the summon and attack the summoner.

Interesting...I like the risk/reward inherent in the health lost for a dead summon. That fits really well into a "blood mage" or necromancer archetype.

Something I remember from DA:O was that certain "sustained" spells used a certain amount of your MP as long as the spell was in effect. Maybe summons could only be sustained for a multiple of the normal magicka cost, and your magicka would only regenerate to its maximum minus the spell cost?

Something I remember from DA:O was that certain "sustained" spells used a certain amount of your MP as long as the spell was in effect. Maybe summons could only be sustained for a multiple of the normal magicka cost, and your magicka would only regenerate to its maximum minus the spell cost?

This was something I proposed earlier, actually: Configurable auto-cast of spells. That's not quite the same as Dragon Age's sustained abilities, but that system is descended from such autocast options.

Edited by Alcrin

I want more weapon types, mainly Polearms and Crossbows.

Wouldn't need their own perk-trees, just shove some little perks into the 1hand, 2hand and Marksman trees to support them. Main problem would be animations... mostly depends on how animation-friendly Skyim will be. Special kill animations for polearms could be taken from other weapons I think, like the stab-in-gut animation for swords would work for a spear as well.

Also I want to be able to create traps with my Smithing skill. Like beartraps and stuff.

I want more weapon types, mainly Polearms and Crossbows.

Wouldn't need their own perk-trees, just shove some little perks into the 1hand, 2hand and Marksman trees to support them. Main problem would be animations... mostly depends on how animation-friendly Skyim will be. Special kill animations for polearms could be taken from other weapons I think, like the stab-in-gut animation for swords would work for a spear as well.

Also I want to be able to create traps with my Smithing skill. Like beartraps and stuff.

disarming when in unarmed mode

I would like to see a mod that adds wings to the player model, along with animations for the wings and the ability to take flight (unbounds the player from gravity, like the levitation spell in morrowind, only it gives the appearance of flying). When in flight there should be a special animation while sprinting (fly faster), and idoling. I want to be able to take to the skies and fight dragons, hell, make my character evolve into a part human part dragon, that'd be B0$$.

Since Skyrim lets you absorb dragon souls to become stronger, there should be a mod that makes the Dovhakiin yell "There can be only one!" when he absorbs it. :thumbsup:

... you can include that with my idea above :D