New redesign implemented

Dark0ne

I am not digging the new look. To be fair the new design itself is good and sleek and seems to be more responsive. Flip side is the color scheme and pictures are butt~ugly. Color needs to be redone and some pictures added that would make newcomers recognize this site has something to do with the elder scrolls games. When I see the front page nothing stands out and says that. The TES logo is not enough, in fact when I first saw it I thought I was looking at the symbol for umbrella from the resident evil games. If the color scheme and site pictures were changed it would make the site farm more appealing than it is now. The interface is good to go though.

-Ty

Edited by Tyranoth

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using IE8 and the Discussion links don't work so I cannot read any messages on my mod, even using compatibility mode, so I am now having to use Firefox....

Also my mod consists of multi-part files which report 'ERROR' when you try and download them, so the mod is essentially unavailable.... is this a temporary glitch with the transfer to the new site or will I have to upload the mod again?

Also I noticed all the screenshots for my mod have been resized to quite a small size, meaning that as it is a Texture Replacer mod, all the detail of the original screenshots can't be seen... The enlarge function appears to be missing from the right hand corner... is this a permanent feature as it makes the screenshots almost useless?

NMC

Rabbit 51. What browser are you using? Did you read the note about IE7 and IE9 compatibility mode?

Thank you for the reply, Dark0ne. Yes, I did and I am using IE8 at this time.

Rabbit

Ok people using IE8 with bugs; I cannot reproduce your problems using a "clean install" of the browser on my laptop or using compatibility software. You are going to have to do some tweaking on your end to try and work out what's causing the issue as I can't fix what isn't broken for me.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dragon/public_html/includes/func_global.php on line 285

View forum thread Add Comment

Comment added

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dragon/public_html/modules/comments/comments_ajax.php on line 194

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dragon/public_html/modules/comments/comments_ajax.php on line 284

ahem, I could not even connect for a while and then trying to comment on the mysql errors I got the above errors in the comments section on the main page for this topic. I thought these kinds of mysql errors were suppose to be a thing of the past with this "bigger better" site? No offense, but from a user standpoint, all there is consists of the same old errors and a now squished and generic looking site. Sorry if I sound grumpy but the "mysql error be gone" was one of the things that made the new site palatable (or suppose to)....and we don't even get that now. This was released too early.

@Dark0ne - The compatibility mode existed even in Internet Explorer 8 that was when "Compatibility View" got introduced. It didn't even exist in Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. Edited by MrGrymReaper

I saw the preview version of the new design before so it wasn't a surprise to see the final version being implemented.

Like many others I don't like the fixed width design, it's too small compared to the old one (I use a resolution of 1920x1080, new design is 960 in width, that's only half). I'm not really a fan of the rounded smooth buttons, looks childish in my opinion. I'd prefer rectangular buttons or hover buttons like in the old design, but that's a matter of taste I guess. Also all file and image options are hidden in drop down menus, so it takes longer to find them.

The grid layout of files seems to be gone, now it shows them in a list, that and the fixed width design results in more scrolling.

I'm glad the negative endorsements are gone, they were useless to me anyway, most people who used them never explained their decision.

I like being able to see who endorses my files, this is not possible anymore while with the old design it was. I'd like that to return and I guess I'm not alone.

The new design doesn't look bad, but it's not great either. It won't stop me from visiting this place so I'll have to get used to it. I will miss the old Nexus.

Edit: one small problem, when clicking the amount of comments or "post a comment" at the top of this article it goes to the bottom of the comments page.

Edited by Xenius