Hint in Interview suggest Vampires and Werewolves:DLC

SpellAndShield

I'm thinking that it's most likely a maybe. Although I believe his answer to be suspicious, I do have a few things to say.

When Todd was asked months and months ago: "Will you be able to ride dragons?"

His answer was: "Definitely not."

So when Pete is asked: "Will there be werewolves or vampires?"

And his answer was: "We aren't talking about that."

Makes me believe that they will be in the game. When Todd was asked if a feature would be in the game, he said no. When Pete is asked, he says we aren't talking about that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Todd has been asked that as well and said the same thing.

If they are saying the same thing, "We aren't talking about that," then there is obviously something there. It means two things;

-That they were told to say this when asked about it in an interview

-And the fact that they say, "We aren't talking about that," means there is something there. His word choice acknowledges its existence, but simply does not want to talk about it.

That's what the first part of the sentence means under direct analysis, but of course Bethesda could always pull a, "I never said that would be in the game," on us, but I don't think that's going to happen. So based on the first part of the sentence, I would say Werewolves and Vampires are probably in the game.

Now for part two of the sentence: "We're focusing on the main game."

This could mean a few things, and shows one very evident one.

Obviously this could be interpreted as DLC. "We're focusing on the main game," basically says that it isn't included in the main game, so DLC is a very probable answer.

It could also mean that Pete simply meant that the interview was supposed to be focused on main game attributes (level cap, scaling, etc.). There's no telling which, but what this definitely, definitely says is:

There will be werewolves and / or vampires in Skyrim.

What shows it? The fact that he says "We're focusing on the main game."

If you're focusing on the main game, that means you aren't focusing on werewolves or vampires. Which, again, acknowledges the fact that they exist.

The fact that they keep saying "We're not talking about that," really shows that it is in existence. I truly believe that Bethesda wouldn't fool with us and would just tell us if it wasn't in the game.

Todd never confirmed whether the Dark Brotherhood was in the game or not, and would only say, "It was a very popular faction in Oblivion."

He never denied that they were in the game, the same with Werewolves and Vampires.

He hasn't denied it, he just hasn't confirmed it, yet.

I mean, I could be totally wrong about this, but based off their history and the way they keep wording it, Werewolves and / or Vampires have a very, very high probability of being included in the main game or later as DLC.

Wow, that was a mouthful. And my apologies if this all sounds like crazy and outlandish logic. I'm tired and probably should have gone to sleep a couple hours ago.

Edited by GotMeFaded

I'm thinking that it's most likely a maybe. Although I believe his answer to be suspicious, I do have a few things to say.

When Todd was asked months and months ago: "Will you be able to ride dragons?"

His answer was: "Definitely not."

So when Pete is asked: "Will there be werewolves or vampires?"

And his answer was: "We aren't talking about that."

Makes me believe that they will be in the game. When Todd was asked if a feature would be in the game, he said no. When Pete is asked, he says we aren't talking about that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Todd has been asked that as well and said the same thing.

If they are saying the same thing, "We aren't talking about that," then there is obviously something there. It means two things;

-That they were told to say this when asked about it in an interview

-And the fact that they say, "We aren't talking about that," means there is something there. His word choice acknowledges its existence, but simply does not want to talk about it.

That's what the first part of the sentence means under direct analysis, but of course Bethesda could always pull a, "I never said that would be in the game," on us, but I don't think that's going to happen. So based on the first part of the sentence, I would say Werewolves and Vampires are probably in the game.

Now for part two of the sentence: "We're focusing on the main game."

This could mean a few things, and shows one very evident one.

Obviously this could be interpreted as DLC. "We're focusing on the main game," basically says that it isn't included in the main game, so DLC is a very probable answer.

It could also mean that Pete simply meant that the interview was supposed to be focused on main game attributes (level cap, scaling, etc.). There's no telling which, but what this definitely, definitely says is:

There will be werewolves and / or vampires in Skyrim.

What shows it? The fact that he says "We're focusing on the main game."

If you're focusing on the main game, that means you aren't focusing on werewolves or vampires. Which, again, acknowledges the fact that they exist.

The fact that they keep saying "We're not talking about that," really shows that it is in existence. I truly believe that Bethesda wouldn't fool with us and would just tell us if it wasn't in the game.

Todd never confirmed whether the Dark Brotherhood was in the game or not, and would only say, "It was a very popular faction in Oblivion."

He never denied that they were in the game, the same with Werewolves and Vampires.

He hasn't denied it, he just hasn't confirmed it, yet.

I mean, I could be totally wrong about this, but based off their history and the way they keep wording it, Werewolves and / or Vampires have a very, very high probability of being included in the main game or later as DLC.

Wow, that was a mouthful. And my apologies if this all sounds like crazy and outlandish logic. I'm tired and probably should have gone to sleep a couple hours ago.

Dark Brotherhood has been confirmed.

I don't want it confirmed or denied.

It will be a great experience to find out that they are in, or not.

I like the way they are handing out information, they care for us and don't want to spoil the game.

And we should stop requesting such things like werewolves, factions etc.

It's so much more satisfying to find it out yourself in the game.

The absolutely worst thing they could do right now is show us the character creator.

Seeing the character creator in game for the first time will surely be one of the best moments in the game.

I don't want it confirmed or denied.

It will be a great experience to find out that they are in, or not.

I like the way they are handing out information, they care for us and don't want to spoil the game.

And we should stop requesting such things like werewolves, factions etc.

It's so much more satisfying to find it out yourself in the game.

The absolutely worst thing they could do right now is show us the character creator.

Seeing the character creator in game for the first time will surely be one of the best moments in the game.

I agree but for me Dark Brotherhood+being vampire+bosmer=necessity.

I can see the huge surprise about not knowing something is in, and not spoiling the surprise, like holy s*** I just ran into a werewolf WTFBBQ!

But what is surprising about the character creator? We know it exists. Todd already described it a bit. I'm quite interested in the technology. And can't wait to play the demo next month.

I don't want anything spoiled right now. I want Bethesda to reveal small details, like talking to NPC's or show some screenshots, preferably of another dungeon. Edited by Omeletter

I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be DLC. I'm almost positive, it would make so much sense on so many levels.

Anyway, having it as DLC would be good, means they can focus on it and it only for a few months, make a new faction or quest-line perhaps, guild wars even? It would actually be better for all us lycanthropists (excuse my poor use of the English language) if this was the case, because it would definitely be fleshed out better