Deus Ex Human Revolution is fantastic

Dan3345

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm further into it now and still (mostly) enjoying it but feeling a tad disappointed. I suppose because of how innovative the original is hailed to be, I expected more from this.

We can't use furniture, can't store items, can only open / interact with the highlighted pre-defined objects.

It just isn't anything different or special compared to many games we have now.

Oh and I too am a bit fed up of all the hacking. ;)

The boss fights and rubbish ending ruined it for me. Seriously? None of my decisions end up making a difference to how the game ends? Lame.

The end made no sense to me.....

I left hardly anyone alive in Detroit, Shanghai, Montreal, and Singapore, including civilians. At the end Jensen starts telling me he always did was right and never abused his power, his statement bore no resemblance to my actions in game.

The game is a huge improvement over Invisible War but not a patch on the original, I can't see myself replaying any time soon.

The game is a huge improvement over Invisible War but not a patch on the original, I can't see myself replaying any time soon.

Yeah, me neither. In fact, I'm actually downloading a few mods to bring Deus Ex 1's graphics a bit more up-to-date, then I'm playing that again.HR just left too much of a bad taste in my mouth. The gameplay was more or less spot-on, but the execution wasn't.

I haven't played any newest games and then i bought this one. Where is my healthbar? How i know when i die? What is this? I only tested the game, killed few first enemies, thats all. I bought PC game, not console one! Still this game is like on console. And there isn't even cheats. I cheat in games a lot, i admid it. I simply don't have patience and time to play whitout, and this game is so weird i'm gonna forget it under a huge pile of other games and install Deus ex 1. >:(

I haven't played any newest games and then i bought this one. Where is my healthbar? How i know when i die? What is this? I only tested the game, killed few first enemies, thats all. I bought PC game, not console one! Still this game is like on console. And there isn't even cheats. I cheat in games a lot, i admid it. I simply don't have patience and time to play whitout, and this game is so weird i'm gonna forget it under a huge pile of other games and install Deus ex 1. >:(

Your health is on the screen.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/28/healthi.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize this thread was so popular..

Anyways, I feel the same way with a lot of your gripes guys. Biggest one for me is that the game had an ending, and the boss fights. As has been stated I did things my way up until boss fights. Which were cheesy and out of place.

Biggest problem with this game by far is the ending. As someone else said not only is there an ending, but if you killed everyone everywhere, then no matter which ending you choose Adam says "I always did the right thing.." So massacring hundreds of innocent people is the right thing. Ok.

Small gripe though. I beat the game on hard, in 18 hours, and deleted it. Not one of those games that has any replay value what so-ever. Which even though this game is one of the greats for sure, makes me wish I had either rented it on console, or waited for the price to drop.