Why do all the preset women faces have such sharp jawlines?

Topster88

Let me say I think all races look amazing and perfect .. I wouldn't change a thing and think the females look very pretty.. Anime mod cute? no.. but who the heck wants that kind of unrealistic vision of females walking around a place like Skyrim? .. My complaints about the weird visible edges of the mesh are kinda pointless cause I'm sure there is a reason for it and it will absolutely not look that way in game .. Also .. Ive been comparing in game screens with these and noticed that the hair and face textures are much higher res .. I'm willing to bet these are from the PC version.

You know, they could be from a modeling program.

That would explain the tiles on faces and the black background, also the cheap looking hair.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say I think all races look amazing and perfect .. I wouldn't change a thing and think the females look very pretty.. Anime mod cute? no.. but who the heck wants that kind of unrealistic vision of females walking around a place like Skyrim? .. My complaints about the weird visible edges of the mesh are kinda pointless cause I'm sure there is a reason for it and it will absolutely not look that way in game .. Also .. Ive been comparing in game screens with these and noticed that the hair and face textures are much higher res .. I'm willing to bet these are from the PC version.

That would explain the tiles on faces and the black background, also the cheap looking hair.

I thought about that .. But it seems unlikely .. they would have to export them from the character creation or rebuild the morphing system in the modeling program which would be a pain .. morphing is done by taking the base mesh and editing it with a slight change like bigger brows .. then importing that as a morph for the face sliders .. so they probably just made the system once for the character creation system since it would be a waste of time setting it all up twice .. that makes me think this is either an earlier version of the character creation system .. maybe a stand alone version for testing? .. I'm betting thats it in fact.

Those presets show some great potential imo. Can't speak for everyone else but I'll be RP'ing a few chars through it over a few multiple hundred hour sessions I think, not creating a new dolly everyday and posting pics of her here for the following five years after the games release :biggrin:

I thought about that .. But it seems unlikely .. they would have to export them from the character creation or rebuild the morphing system in the modeling program which would be a pain .. morphing is done by taking the base mesh and editing it with a slight change like bigger brows .. then importing that as a morph for the face sliders .. so they probably just made the system once for the character creation system since it would be a waste of time setting it all up twice .. that makes me think this is either an earlier version of the character creation system .. maybe a stand alone version for testing? .. I'm betting thats it in fact.

Indeed, I didn't think about that.

Then they probably have a standalone version for testing like you said or it's still a earlier version of the in game character creator.

Either way, I'm sure those little errors will be fixed until release.

If not, then our modders will take care of them.

IMO it could very well be a preview window from within in the CK. ie where they actually do chargen for the NPCs. I don't see any reason to think other wise. It's almost certainly not an earlier version, Pete said like 2 days ago that someone was working on a big preview to demonstrate the chargen options. So that indicates it is recent work.

It's not done in max I'm pretty sure of that. SO yeah, it's either the CK, there are bodies hair, clothes, etc, which have nothing to do with the head morph system, so think it is best just to assume the obvious. That is the chargen they use fro making characters for Skyrim... I mean that is what they are trying to show off.

If not, then our modders will take care of them.

That is the one thing you can be certain of 8)

Edited by Ghogiel

From looking at the pics it seems that the neck is adjustable kind of like Dragon Age's neck was. (Comparison it probably is way better because this is newer tech.) So don't worry.

I compared the same gender of each race and you can see that their necks vary. Most are the same but if you look closely some vary.

Someone is going to get to play it that isn't a reporter probably this week at pax. So we should in theory get a more information on how it works.

It's on my list for when I get to play the demo. So if it hasn't come out exactly how it works, I'll tell you how it does when I get back from eurogamer expo on the 22nd of Sept. :thumbsup:

Ohh that's right... The background of Z Brush is black, isn't it... I've been watching some Youtube video about Z Brush some time ago, and the blocks also appeared on the video.

The hair looks better in-game, yes. But still it's stationary like in Oblivion, I guess?

The seams... there are no seams technically. As I said it's just the texture of the body is lower resolution than that of the face and neck.

Ohh that's right... The background of Z Brush is black, isn't it... I've been watching some Youtube video about Z Brush some time ago, and the blocks also appeared on the video.

The hair looks better in-game, yes. But still it's stationary like in Oblivion, I guess?

The seams... there are no seams technically. As I said it's just the texture of the body is lower resolution than that of the face and neck.

Sorry guys, but no. For a start Zbrush canvas has gradient background by default, though you can change it. It could be pink if you wanted.

The blocks are visible in ZB because you kinda want to see them at low subD stages of the sculpt. And because there are no smoothing groups in ZB, everything is hard edged. Now once you actually sub D it enough tehy become so small you can't see them.

See you can see them on the eye and horns?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/onimWIP.jpg

but not on this

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/Guyver/GUYVER2WIP.jpg

Also note that is ZB and the background is white. :)

for the record, BGS use both ZB and max for asset creation. Well maybe someone is using other programs on occasion, mudbox, Maya or modo for various jobs, but ZB and max are the main tools here. Here is a head from my 3dsmax view port I made the other day, it is a real time DX9 shader, this is not a fancy render or anything like that, this is similar to advanced renders like Unreal or CE2, frostbite2.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/wipz/DurosHead.jpg

visit the folder for a dozen more examples. Explain the lack of 'blocks' in my work?

None of that explains those blocks, in fact those artifacts would imo indicate the complete opposite, even if I didn't think that this is supposed to be the chargen, ZB certainly won't have it, it's a sculpting app VERY different to a 3d program. It uses pixols, they call it 2.5d. Even max likely doesn't have it availible in the viewport either, though it is possible. Not sure why they would actually write the program nearly twice.

The seam thing is probably more or less on the money. But I am not certain that is all there is, but the indication does seem to be that it is mainly differing texel density drawing your eye there.. as can be witnessed in the females where the seam is less visible, the smooth plain skin with less high frequency details appears to allow the neck and body to blend seamlessly. :thumbsup: