Your first Skyrim mod

Alcrin

I'll make my mod that I always make for every Bethesda rpg since morrrowind I put a chest that is easy to find and easy to get to and in this chest(named A Helping Hand) is a set of light armor heavy armor a 1 h sword mace axe dagger a 2 h mace sword axe a bow some arrows ashield a few pots some cash and some lockpicks just to get your caracter started all the items are low tier so it's not like oh I just started and I have the best armor and weapons it's just a starter pack of sorts I never published a helping hand cause never seen a reason to do it it's not a hard mod to make at all I have burned it to a DVD to give to my friends but that's it

I will be trying my hand at making either a quiver that regenerates arrows or a bow that shoots magical missiles and of course a fortress and maybe a shrine to the craziest god the shrine of crippledorphan I might try a boat mod to fish from idk I'll have to play first to see what I want to add I might even add it to the archive for others if I'm happy with it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first mods will most probably be cosmetic addons for my first character like tattoo/paint/scar-layers or something like that. Sounds lame, I know, but it's great practice to get used to the tools/plugins needed for retexturing, while also adding an early personal touch to the character.

I wonder when the mod-tools will be released though. Traditionally its a few weeks after release, if I remember correctly? Like, after the first patch or something. So simple retex-mods will probably be the first ones out anyway. I hope it doesnt take as long time as with Oblivion to figure out good ways to import models :P Got some sweet stuff planned already!

I'm planning a mod similar (in some aspect) to the one I've been working on for Fallout: New Vegas. So far the general questline (which is 99% sure to change as I go along) is that the player will come across a lone trader on a trade route who's pack animal (mammoth?) has died of natural causes. He's left stranded and very hesitant to leave his supplies behind (his whole life savings!). He'll ask for help to build a small shack to sell the supplies to other traders who happen by. He'll have sold his whole stock and decide to permanently reside there to make his living as a trader. The trader will repay the player by giving him the deed to the shop - but will remain and run it.

Next, a young nord lady will ask the player if she could build a small tavern nearby - to feed and a place to rest for all the other traders coming by. Same deal with the trader, the player will be given the deed in return for protection and help.

Before you know it, you will be count (lord, lady, king, queen, liege, what-have-you) of this small tiny village. With careful planning and financial responsibility, that small village will grow to a full fledged city (hopefully larger then the Skyrim cities) under your control. I hope to introduce a sort of sim-builder into the RPG. I have decided to not go the real-time settler route where you can place buildings, instead every building the player chooses to build (from a fishery to weaponsmiths to your own castle and walls) will be in a predetermined location. However I'm also planning on having a full population of civilians as well as realistic duties.

There will hopefully be around 50 quests (somewhat small quests though) that will be provided to the count/ess of this city. By sitting on your throne, you may be approached by various NPCs who will either request to build their business (or guild) in your city, or ask for help with their mundane problems.

I've begun writing many ideas down on paper and actually already begun scripting it.. :laugh: However much is bound to change as I do not know many details about Skyrim or it's creation set. Of course, I am welcome to ideas an input.

TL/DR: A large-scale city that you'll be in charge of, and decide everything from taxes to defenses.

Edited by PaladinRider

Yes it does.. I'm actually looking forward to modding it more then playing it haha

I'm lookin forward to playing with the new construction set :D

I had a dream last night I was using the CK. In my dream it has changed a little, for one the windows didn't start out as floaters. the cell view was contained in a drop down, and the object window was docked to the left hand side. I doubt that will be accurate. But I'll just throw it out there now so that if it is right I can be a prophet. And if it's totally dream BS, I can say well what did you expect? :psyduck:

I had a dream last night I was using the CK. In my dream it has changed a little, for one the windows didn't start out as floaters. the cell view was contained in a drop down, and the object window was docked to the left hand side. I doubt that will be accurate. But I'll just throw it out there now so that if it is right I can be a prophet. And if it's totally dream BS, I can say well what did you expect? :psyduck:

hahaha i want to know what mod you were making in your dream!