"Skin" feedback

Dark0ne

What I might do a little bit in the future is allow people to upload their backgrounds to the site, go through an approval stage, and then mod authors can either choose to use the default, someone else's background, or their own.

Sounds terrific, I'd love to be able to do that. As for Thandal's problem the buttons and message areas show perfectly in both I.E.9 and Firefox for me, maybe a graphics driver problem?(before anyone rips me a new one for that, it was just a suggestion and no, I don't really know what I'm talking about)

Not a driver issue...

I reviewed my IE settings (Security, and other) and nothing looked like it might be responsible for this behaviour.

I get strange locations of various elements regardless of which page, or even which game's site, I'm on. Slightly better placemnent for some elements if I reduce the page rendering resolution within IE9 to 75%, but that should NEVER be necessary just to keep core funtionality buttons visible/correctly labeled.

In that IE9 screenshot I can clearly see compatibility mode is on. It's the blue broken page icon to the right of the URL. Turn it off and let me know how it goes.

Allright, here goes. One for dragonagenexus since that's the one I am most often at:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/amycus89/suggestion-3.jpg

(also added a little dragon symbol to the left of the "dragonagenexus" caption).

Adding images in the backround really does make a world of difference, but personally I prefer it when it is a little more subtle :P

EDIT: Have you considered to change the "pink" to purple instead on dragonagenexus? just a suggestion...

2nd EDIT: Looks like photobucket reduced the size, here is a download ink to mediafire for the full one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?emof46zfopqj5up

Edited by amycus

In that IE9 screenshot I can clearly see compatibility mode is on. It's the blue broken page icon to the right of the URL. Turn it off and let me know how it goes.

Had that same thought while I was out at a concert this evening. ("The Greencards", great Australian newgrass band. Have seen them every time they tour the area for years now!)

So double checked when I got back, even before reading this thread.

a) Did NOT have Compatibility Mode enabled in the first screenie I posted above.

b) Enabled it in an attempt to correct things, and forgot to disable before taking the second set.

c) Disabled it, cleared cache, logged-off/-on again. Better, (most elements appear in the correct locations) but still have misplaced "Nexus Network" button as shown below:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1314333777.png

(And have also discovered that Kudos still appear to be broken... :turned: )

The backgrounds work well-- they're definitely an improvement over the blank background, which made the whole page look unfinished.

Is a mobile theme a possibility? The ol' ipod really struggles to load these sites now.

The fixed-width layout fits perfectly on my netbook and my iPod, but the site does chug a bit while loading; so a mobile theme would be awesome.

A mobile theme-- or an alternate color option-- might also be useful for users with visual impairments. People who can play the games just fine may have trouble reading the white text on a black background, or white on the orange, for that matter.