Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the new style, the icons and the new 'no popup' downloads :D (also, loving the concept M.Hawke on the background for DA nexus <3)

The only thing I'd mention is that the 'logout' text seems to be on top of the 'nexus network' button. Also, when I want to search I can't choose DA: O or DA2 ect (I can if I use advanced search, I just find it more convenient to use the search bar); and the filter for searches- arranged by endorsement and descending ect- isn't working for me.

I'm using Firefox 6.0.

Edited by Guest

It's going to take a while to get used this. It looks nicer, just that everything is so rearranged so differently that it was harder to figure out what was where.

Using IE 8.0.6001.18702 from work, so if it doesn't work it might be something the IS department is messing with, will try this from home as well.

Description tab works great.

Tried to download a file, screen greyed out, and that's about it. Had to hit the back button to do anything. Tried it again, pop up box, pick where to download it from, then it popped back to the description page. Tried again, picked where to download it from, worked that time. Looks like there is a bit of a problem with all that cutesy fade in/out crap that you really don't need.

No problem with Images.

Clicking on the comment tab makes a orange bar flash for a split second then disappears - no comments.

Discussion seems to pop up okay, but clicking on the topic you want to go to does the same thing as clicking on the comments tab.

Tags seem to work okay.

Read Me tab seems okay.

I think RapidWeaver and Espresso has been cranking out prefab websites for many years that look EXACTLY like this and can be made in a day or two tops- go take a look! .... So BLOG-like- with space and color being substituted for originality and flavor. You want input- there it is!

dont mistake valid points that the nexxus users are making for "whining". It's not OUR fault.

Like so many others I too am trying to adjust. I was really used to the old design and felt it had that something that made it stand out as it's own unique site. At first glance this appears generic but after only a few days I'm looking forward to some of these changes.

From the thread "mod authors will be able to make their own skins for their mod pages" that is really a sweet deal and I cant wait to see how these changes are implemented.

I just went premium for the first time and suggest you all give it a try. It shows support for the site, and trust me not having a bunch of ads not only looks better but makes the site feel more non generic.

Edited by KingShelby

@Dark0ne - When clicking and downloading the any of the modifications on:

* Fallout 3 Nexus

* New Vegas Nexus

* The Elder Scrolls Nexus

* The Witcher Nexus

* Dragon Age Nexus

The banner image which goes across the top of the displayed page is missing and/or replaced with the standard html missing file/image error. This occurs when selecting a mirror for large mods and when the download is transferred inpreparation for downloading.

@ Robin

It's great that you moved file info below pics. Now all important info about the file are available at glance. Boxes for comments are also wider and member's image is bigger. Keep making these positive changes!

Additionally, you can consider making member's name and stats bigger.

It would be great if you made news comments wider as well.

hey io figured out if you are running nexus in compatibility mode then you cant switch tabs(like to download files or check the pics of it). And an easy fix to download the files when the download window doesnt shoe up is to just refresh the page and re-attempt the download, it should all work fine now.