Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

I'm pretty sure basic BBCode is working. At least I used it a couple of minutes ago.

yup

yup

yup

yup

yup

• nop

@Warlizard:

There is a reason for this change, and if he were to give people the option to go back to the old design, that reason would be void. It's about the efficiency, stability, user-friendliness and functionality.

Edited by Zaldiir

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zaldiir

You can't italicize nor use the [ line ] code for a straight horizontal line, nor

• to make a list, and a few other things.

Example:

test for italics
test for line
  • listtest1
  • listtest2

Ironically the closing code for [ list ] disappears, along with the [ line ] code.

P.S. I wouldn't say it if I didn't know it was true!

Edited by GTA44

Anyone else seeing something weird in this comment section now? Like this...

@GTA44, I tested some more, and yes, you are certainly right. I was only using the ones that worked earlier apparently. I am certain Robin will fix this. :)

EDIT: I know you wouldn't, but who knew, could have been on your side only. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir

first up, I like the new style, its a little more artsy than before...

on the other hand, I can't help but draw comparisons between console and PC games...this feels more chunky and simpler interfaced. like a console game, while the old site was slightly more gribbly and all the options and links were where you could see them rather than in drop-downs and so on...

I guess I'm saying I prefered the older site's functionality, and this site's appearance and style.

if the tweaks and adjustments could shift towards that ideal, I'd be really happy. as is, I've been on the site considerably less since the switchover.

as I see it, there are only really a few things I do when I'm on the nexus:

I check my latest comments (which was really easy on the old site, and takes several steps atm.)

I check the latest comments on any pictures I upload

I look in on any new mods on the nexus, (the new-mods list is much less easily accessed than it used to be, so that's a lot harder. I actually had to hunt around for it when I first tried the new site)

and I check the forums a bit, which hasn't changed at all really in either version. its still a button along the top.

what I'd really like is an interface to show the most recent comments on my mods on the homepage (when logged in) as a sort of RSS feed style clicker.

I'd also like the latest mods list to be bigger and more obvious on the homepage. right now it only shows the most recent five mods. and it doesn't have any pictures of them, or any extra details.

this is a modding website primarily, and it should really show off the new mods a bit more I think.

Ruadhan, if by latest comments you mean comments on your mods or images, then you won't have to worry. Robin has said that the Premium Notifications will be back. :D