So now DLCs are a Xbox 360 timed exclusive...

abriael

Meh, they get DLC early. No big deal. Because a month later they will still be playing broken DLC whereas we'll have Unofficial patches to deal with that :thumbsup:

Plus, people on XBOX still haven't played the Lost Spires. Nor have they romanced Eyja. Their faces won't go back to normal if they cure their vampirism. For that matter, their faces will always look ugly. They still have to fast travel incessantly to get the Masque of Clavicus Vile. And have fun changing the exploration music.

I can deal with 30 days, because in those thirty days I'm going to be playing mods, and making my own Gandalf-inspired mod (Glamdring, wizard's staff with uber-powerful lighting spell, a nice white robe and flowing white hair [unless the hair is already in]), thankyou Todd Howard for dual wielding :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy who is one of the unenlightened console gamers was bragging about this to me earlier. I then played Nehrim in front of him and basked in his stoic silence. Yeah I am kinda irritated but hey the ability to mod a game is greater than anything the 360 or PS3 has to offer.

Besides DLC has always been kinda "meh" to me anyway. I hate feeling like after I already bought a game for $60 I have to fork out another $10-20 every few months to get the whole experience. The gaming industry is getting worse and worse when it comes to DLC now a days and some companies like Bioware actually cut stuff out of the finished product to sell as day one DLC or make you buy the expensive ass collectors edition or something to get everything. If it is a full fledged expansion or something made after release cool but these short little quest chains and features that should have been there to began with can kiss my ass.

Sorry that turned into a rant post. Long story short mods > early DLC.

Edited by NAPALM13092

They get DLC a month earlier? Meh. I'll keep playing Vanilla Skyrim and wait. I really don't care that much if they get them earlier. They will rage when they look at all the mods we have anyway.

Heh, I think it's a good thing, it compensates them for not being able to mod.

No it doesn't. Maybe if the DLC were to be another whole province added and contained as much content as the original game, and it was never to be released on the PC, then maybe, it compensates. :thumbsup:

I have intended to purchase Skyrim for PC. I just cancelled my preorder. This announcement has single-handedly made me decide that I will be obtaining Skyrim through a mode alternative to retail.

I'd urge you to reconsider; this is not a sufficient excuse to pirate the game. As has been highlighted earlier in the thread, we still get the DLC on PC! Just later. Who cares? Besides, you'd be hurting Bethesda, not Microsoft.

I have intended to purchase Skyrim for PC. I just cancelled my preorder. This announcement has single-handedly made me decide that I will be obtaining Skyrim through a mode alternative to retail.

I'd urge you to reconsider; this is not a sufficient excuse to pirate the game. As has been highlighted earlier in the thread, we still get the DLC on PC! Just later. Who cares? Besides, you'd be hurting Bethesda, not Microsoft.

I have to agree wholeheartedly.

30 days is no big deal, I used to have an xbox 360 and it was fine and dandy to get DLC's a bit earlier but now I have a PS3 and I really don't give f*** how long I have to wait, as long as I have Skyrim I will entertain myself until it is released for the PS3 :pirate:

Crosses fingers that its not going to be a direct port like Oblivion. Hmm dlc timed exclusive :ermm: this concerns me. Edited by Thor.