Natural disasters

Lehcar

Have you ever experienced a natural disaster first hand?

I have not, for which I am very grateful that I live very far inland, since most of all of these natural disaster seem to originate from the oceans. Mean, nasty oceans. I remember when the one of my favourite beaches on the east coast was destroyed by a severe storm. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/down.gif

There was apparently an earthquake here a few days ago, and some people in my city say they felt it; I was actually outside and walking around when it occurred but I didn't feel a thing. There's also been some tornadoes very nearby, but the area where I live hasn't been hit directly for quite a long time (since before I was born, anyway).

That 5.9 earth quake, yea iwe felt it here in Ontario. But it was very weak once it rumbled are way. The only natural disaster is once a beach disappeared all together during a epic storm at a certain campsite, in the process created a small island a few yards out in the water. the beach was completely wiped out. But created something beautiful in the process.:turned: You could see the sunken picnic tables under water, wierd feeling. Edited by Thor.

I've spent half my life living on the east coast of Labrador, Canada. I haven't really experienced anything like a natural disaster. The coast can get some pretty powerful storms, but it's not too bad, really. I love storms. Love the feeling of mother nature at her best! Well, so long as my house doesn't get torn apart. XD

I'd like to see a tornado in person someday, and do intend to visit the United States sometime and group up with a few storm chasers.

Lived in Florida for a year when I was little, we went through a small hurricane. It wasn't bad, it was like going through a severe thunderstorm up here. Then in Chicago back in the mid 90s we had one heck of a blizzard...dumped a few feet in 2 days. It was pretty crazy...there were no cars on the road...all you heard was shoveling and the plow trucks.

No through shear luck.

I moved out of Brisbane literaly only weks before Yasi smashed my neighbourhood flat and put my house under water-close run thing, I bet the new owner regreted his purchase :D

There was a bad Earthquake a while back, though I was young.. I just remember lots of our things falling over and my neighbors home partially collapsed. I was outside skateboarding at the time and didn't even feel it.