Would you waste money on collector's edition?

ReaperLeopard

It's completely worth it, seeing as it's the Collectors Edition, not the "casual edition". That statue will probably be worth a good bit of cash in a couple of years, regardless of it's material, and it'll hopefully pay for itself. It does suck that not everyone can afford it, but I'm willing to blow a little bit of cash to support Beth and because I appreciate the franchise that much (not that those who don't get the CE don't). I paid the game off last month (I think), the CE last week, and the guide today. That's around 170-180 bucks (USD) and I'm cool with it.

I agree with you on that 100% , I also think it is unfortunate that not everyone is able to afford it , but then again if everybody could afford it then it wouldn't be that much of a Collectors item :mellow:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'll struggle to get the standard edition, although I'll manage it somehow.

This is where selling a second hand game to help finance a future game purchase is very handy.

Very good point, never even thought of that LOL :wallbash:

I am not going to buy the collector's edition. Why? I am not poor...I could afford it. But the only thing I want, besides the game, is the strategy guide...and I will wait until the DLC's and expansions come out till I buy the SG. So then I can get it all!

- Making of DVD. You can easily read Bethesda diary and interview transcripts. Besides, someone will post this video online.

please link the oblivion one, id like to see it.

awesome, also their old building errr basement does look like an awful place to spend 8 or more hours in.

Yes! I ordered the PC-version of Collectors Edition the same day it was announced :D The point of CE's are not really what they contain, but what it means to you. These things are priceless for the real fans ;) I'm just afraid the package might not arrive until monday (11/11/11 is on a friday). But in worst case scenario I'll probably just buy it on steam as well :P

But from what I've seen, the dragon statue is not some cheap crap, but real quality stuff with a good amount of detail. It will look awesome on my shelf here! And art-books are always interesting and inspiring for other artists such as myself. It also seems to have a nice cover to look good on a shelf.

This is not a waste of money!

Yes! I ordered the PC-version of Collectors Edition the same day it was announced :D The point of CE's are not really what they contain, but what it means to you. These things are priceless for the real fans ;) I'm just afraid the package might not arrive until monday (11/11/11 is on a friday). But in worst case scenario I'll probably just buy it on steam as well :P

But from what I've seen, the dragon statue is not some cheap crap, but real quality stuff with a good amount of detail. It will look awesome on my shelf here! And art-books are always interesting and inspiring for other artists such as myself. It also seems to have a nice cover to look good on a shelf.

This is not a waste of money!

Awesome :) completely agree !!!! That's unfortunate that it may not get to you until monday :O Im glad i can drive to pick my copy up on friday !!! :teehee:

the original poster of this thread has been banned

and read the title slowly

this thread can lead to nothing good.

waiter -- lock please

Why is he being banned? He's expressing his opinion on a topic that has everything to do with TES: Skyrim. Is this forum not for expressing our opinions because if so I will gladly go somewhere else. I personally do not believe that there is anything wrong with this thread. :wallbash:

I won't be buying the CE, the only thing that interests me in that package is the game itself which I can pay a lot less for. I can see the attraction if you're into that sort of thing though.