Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

Remove my content.

Scriverner07 I've removed your content. Korodic, I'm not getting back into this debate with the Nexus but I want to make something very clear:

EVERYTHING we have done has been for the community.

We have NEVER charged for anything and don't even have a single ad on our site (and never have).

We DO NOT link to the download page for the mod but rather the main mod page - this way people can learn more about it and get in touch with the developer. Think of it as free traffic (which by the way is how the Nexus makes money).

Most of the comments that have been made on this thread and throughout the Nexus have been false which is why I haven't actively responded to any of the posts.

If you don't want to use Gmod - just think of us a way to get free traffic (Yep - just like Google...).

But PLEASE think about what you're saying before you flame out on us. All we've ever tried to do is help the community and if you spent 10 sec on our site you'd know that.

Please do not expect a reply - this is the last comment I intend to make. If you don't want info about your mod on Gmod please message me directly either through Nexus or on Gmod (username: kreisher).

Thank you,

Kreisher

Yeah, you got spanked on this debate the last time around. All you are doing is taking advantage of other peoples work/bandwidth/etc, to line your own pocket. Have you re-written the EULA for your software yet? Or, does it still give you the right do do data mining on the computers it is installed on?

You talk a good game, but, your actions indicate that you don't care about the community, its values, or the people in it. You are just trying to make a fast buck off of someone elses work.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how he had the balls to respond to my post, but doesn't bother to defend himself. Rather than addressing the issues many of us have addressed which he is quick to describe as "flaming" he then redirects his response by saying he does it "all for the community" ...

I know all about redirection in a conversation. I just beat Deus EX: Human Revolution and L.A. Noire, I now consider myself a pro. :armscrossed:

GMod has never been for the community. If it was for the community, they would have raised awareness for the site the moment they started uploading mods. Everything they've done so far has been underhanded and sly. The best example of this is when they attempted to steal Dark0ne's bandwidth, then when blocked, used a system to circumvent the block. That's blatant theft.

You've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and there's no way around it. To say that you did everything 'for the community' is laughable, at best. And now you run off, tail between the legs. A finer admission of guilt is not required. People who find themselves in the wrong often run when they can't stand the heat.

This is a joke. your a joke. Your dishonest, and most of all to put it in the words of bben you're a thief. You're stealing from this community its cntent and its resoruces and wors tof all jsut like most thieves who get away with theft you claim its "for the greater good". Let's not beat around the bush. calling him a pirate is generous callign it piracy is generous lets call it what it is. Theft.

EVERYTHING we have done has been for the community.

I think you're well aware of your own lie here but what's sad is that you've repeated it often enough that you seem to think it's true.

Considering your morals are so atrocious in all of this, I'd hate to see what your investors must be like. Assuming you've actually told them of course.

• 2 years later...

mojodajojo, I'm removing your content for you now. Vyper and alt3rn1ty, I've already removed your content.

And make sure my wishes are respected on ModDrop too, or any other site you launch in future.

"olympusgames, GMOD or ModDrop sites ( or users thereof ) do not have permission, to upload or redistribute any of my files, images or descriptive content, past, present or future."

Edited by Guest

• 3 years later...

mojodajojo, I'm removing your content for you now. Vyper and alt3rn1ty, I've already removed your content.

And make sure my wishes are respected on ModDrop too, or any other site you launch in future.

"olympusgames, GMOD or ModDrop sites ( or users thereof ) do not have permission, to upload or redistribute any of my files, images or descriptive content, past, present or future."

Just reiterating the quoted post to indicate my wishes remain extant.

Thank you for necro-ing this. I wasn't aware moddrop was skylar's creation. Can't believe he's still at it.

It's a decent UI, I'll give him that, but I'm not so sure I agree with "modpacks" (as I dont know if it gets the latest version of mods, even if it did, it may no longer work with the collection - either way takes away from mod author control) and am not sure if he is actually, ethically gathering content.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for necro-ing this. I wasn't aware moddrop was skylar's creation. Can't believe he's still at it.

It's a decent UI, I'll give him that, but I'm not so sure I agree with "modpacks" (as I dont know if it gets the latest version of mods, even if it did, it may no longer work with the collection - either way takes away from mod author control) and am not sure if he is actually, ethically gathering content.

Probably not.

His software come up as infected with trojan in virus-total and herdprotect. The review on WOT are bad. He's still going at it.

I'm glad i don't have mod. Not yet at least. If i ever do, They will be locked with a password. Which mean manual installation or redoing the packaging upon download before being able to install with a manager [vortex/modorganiser/wryebash/nmmclassic/nmmgithub/fmm/whatever]

Lock the files archives with a password and you change the password every month.

The only place where the password can be found is on your page, so , naturally, only those that have gone trough the process of loading and reading the nexus mod page actually have the password to unlock the archive.

I am committing a sin of the forum heavens. I am necro-ing. Very sorry for that. Can't believe i would knowingly do that in 2020.