Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

Did someone mention Pizza! ;- } :hurr:

Maybe, I said Maybe, you've got a person/s who are desperate, trying to bypass a computer looking for a way to break in using that simple method that FO3 shows us how to crack it and find the password. If they could get through the PHP storage to the main control's than they could hi jack Dark0ne's computer and use the heat to warm up their apartment and then Dark0ne would have to eat those pizza's cold. o_O

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if they changed the way they link to download files? That's grounds for a lawsuit right there, seeing as they did so without Dark0ne's permission or even having the decency to notify him about it sooner, regardless of whether or not he loses or makes money in the process.

I've tried to be light hearted about this post, I even threw in a few word's that pour cold water on a dreamer's head, and I suspect Kreisher is a ploy to get all of you to do what you are doing. Distracting you from more important thing's trying to focus you on another subject without pointing it out with a cold finger.

If something foul is going to come of this it sure isn't being made clear yet. I have had some real concern's cross my table, but until I see some pointed remark's or a leech on bandwidth so strong that it is overloading my ISP, too the max, I am not going to add the remarks as they could prove pointless. Get a cold rag, wipe your brow's, and get back to having...what ever you were doing before. Fun maybe?

Sigh, I suppose I will have to add the words "if you got this mod from Gmod it was stolen" to the file description inside the mod itself. They can edit or delete .txt files, but it isn't as easy to edit the description that shows in-game (or the game launcher depending on what game we are talking about)

Does anyone know if they changed the way they link to download files? That's grounds for a lawsuit right there, seeing as they did so without Dark0ne's permission or even having the decency to notify him about it sooner, regardless of whether or not he loses or makes money in the process.

Doesn't appear so. I took these two screens just now. The small white box comes up first, then the redirect page to the download popup on Nexus, the one with the video ad.

http://i52.tinypic.com/54uijm_th.jpg

I posted at TES Adventures yesterday (with Admin permission) where a lot of modders hang out, but the only people to comment were the Admin so they can't complain after the fact if something happens to their files. I just posted there about the continuing findings. A lot of people may not have seen it yet so I hope they do something even if it's just to protest at Gmods...which is harder than breaking rocks.

I'm going to take my files here down and hide them today and rewrite the readmes contained in the actual files as well as the mod descriptions, then reupload the files and hope the links go bad at Gmods. Thankfully they are small files. I'm also going to remove them from the other two sites where I uploaded some of my mods because as Kreisher said, "there are other mod sites."

It's not only that they are leeching by linking to the download links, but they have all of my related images and texts so it must have taken some time to do all of this bogus crap they are up to. And that's just my files.

I haven't had a reply to my email, but I expected that.

Sites and forums that require registration before downloading files need not think their files are safe either as anyone can make an account, unless of course there are other restrictions on downloads like the Asian sites have,

Hey, I don't know if anyone has figured this out yet, but I have found their youtube channel. They are active every few days, you might be able to get in touch with them there to have them remove your content.

I don't they will even respond from there if they don't from their own site and I'm not making an account at Youtube to try... and be ignored. I'll just try to make it harder to leech my files from here if I can.

It's not only my files I care about, it's everyone who doesn't want anything to do with Gmods, as well as the way they are going about this.

Edited by Maigrets

Hey, I don't know if anyone has figured this out yet, but I have found their youtube channel. They are active every few days, you might be able to get in touch with them there to have them remove your content.

I don't they will even respond from there if they don't from their own site and I'm not making an account at Youtube to try... and be ignored. I'll just try to make it harder to leech my files from here if I can.

It's not only my files I care about, it's everyone who doesn't want anything to do with Gmods, as well as the way they are going about this.

I have a youtube account, I could gather a list of names from the people here that want their mods removed from gmod/want their mods to not show up and write up a formal letter and send it through there, I would be more than willing to do so on behalf of my fellow modders. The more angles we tackle this at, the more likely they will listen. You can only ignore a buzzing fly for so long, and an angry hornets nest is what they have here.