Gmod Content Policy & Content Index System

Kreisher

I was talking initially about the file size before you need to be logged in to be sent a list of download servers, not the speed. I guess you misunderstood. Let me clarify.

On this site...

Anyone who does not have a user account or is not signed in can download any mod which has a total file size less than 4mb since it can be sent directly from the fileserver that manages that site.

To download files larger than 4mb, you need to have a user account since you would be downloading from one of the dedicated file servers from a list.

So banning someone, would not stop them from just not being logged in when they try to download, so they would be prevented from downloads larger than 4mb.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should be in a "wait and see what they do next stage", rather than antagonising them and giving them free publicity.

I think that's pretty much what I have determined for now. Not to say I haven't been reading up a bit about them from various sources though.

Know your (potential) enemy...... :D

I think we should be in a "wait and see what they do next stage", rather than antagonising them and giving them free publicity.

I think that's pretty much what I have determined for now. Not to say I haven't been reading up a bit about them from various sources though.

Know your (potential) enemy...... :D

lol, Just reading up is all.

I'm here to help anyway I can!

2 + 2 = 4 and Xtr3m368 if you don't feel yourself being challenged when you make mistakes you find your self making more mistake's without caring that you aren't caring. You might end up wondering why you aren't being cared about.

Antagonize them?! I am a little more antagonized by Xtr3m368 making more of buffoon out of my me about my last post then you seem to be about Gmod making a buffoon out of all the modder's here.

Wait and See?! Really Robin!

I remember, when I was just a child, that my brother's and there friend's would hollor up a storm and stomp about, make a bunch of wild claim's, jump into a car, and drive off to go after the other bunch. (I wonder what ever happened to my brother's that night. They never talked about it afterward.) Maybe they did something horrible! Too horrible to think about, ever again.

Now-a-day's I hear this cry from across the plain's, and over the horizon, "I'M CALLING MY LAWYER!" and "GET A LAWYER!"

The time to act is now, while everyone is hot about it! Before they bring down the house with a bunch of hammering on the front door before they knock it off the hinge's.

"Hello! Whose invading? I will see if they are in. Will you please hold for a minute?"

I'm here to help anyway I can!

2 + 2 = 4 and Xtr3m368 if you don't feel yourself being challenged when you make mistakes you find your self making more mistake's without caring that you aren't caring. You might end up wondering why you aren't being cared about.

Antagonize them?! I am a little more antagonized by Xtr3m368 making more of buffoon out of my me about my last post then you seem to be about Gmod making a buffoon out of all the modder's here.

Wait and See?! Really Robin!

I remember, when I was just a child, that my brother's and there friend's would hollor up a storm and stomp about, make a bunch of wild claim's, jump into a car, and drive off to go after the other bunch. (I wonder what ever happened to my brother's that night. They never talked about it afterward.) Maybe they did something horrible! Too horrible to think about, ever again.

Now-a-day's I hear this cry from across the plain's, and over the horizon, "I'M CALLING MY LAWYER!" and "GET A LAWYER!"

The time to act is now, while everyone is hot about it! Before they bring down the house with a bunch of hammering on the front door before they knock it off the hinge's.

"Hello! Whose invading? I will see if they are in. Will you please hold for a minute?"

I'll have to agree with you there Pag, Letting a reeling foe regain his footing eventually lets him strike a blow back.

Don't see this posted in this thread, so, for the folks that don't know:

GMod, instead of taking stuff down, like they really should, or pointing their links to Nexus to the file description page, instead used a re-direct service, to bypass the blacklist ban. Dark0ne has since added the re-direct to the blacklist, so, once again, GMod is being thwarted.

What this tells me is, this guy has NO intention of being honorable about this at all. Talking to him is apparently a waste of time and effort. He is a liar, and a thief, and has no honor.

Don't see this posted in this thread, so, for the folks that don't know:

GMod, instead of taking stuff down, like they really should, or pointing their links to Nexus to the file description page, instead used a re-direct service, to bypass the blacklist ban. Dark0ne has since added the re-direct to the blacklist, so, once again, GMod is being thwarted.

What this tells me is, this guy has NO intention of being honorable about this at all. Talking to him is apparently a waste of time and effort. He is a liar, and a thief, and has no honor.

I've linked to this in the thread over at Bethesda.

Gawd. They really just don't give a hoot. I guess if you don't think things through before receiving the funding from your investors, this is the level you stoop down to. They're business practice has just gone from slightly ignorant, to downright disgusting in my books.

I for one am thinking of deleting all of my mods just so they can't have them, and I don't even have them hosted here.

Nah, don't do that. It really doesn't accomplish anything, aside from denying your mods to those that want them. Leave 'em where they are hosted, and have the site where they are at deal with GMod in whatever way they deem necessary. (might wanna make sure they are aware of what's goin' on here though....)