What's life like in the UK?

Lateralizm

I have been wondering, mainly because I would like to move to the UK at some point, what is it like? I don't like where I live right now because society in my area is just so messed up. Anyways, back to the subject. What's life like? Do you like it? Is it annoying? I want to get a better feel of a country I don't know about before I would ever decide to move their. I am still going to plan a trip to some part of the UK in the future, I just was wondering what some peoples opinions of it are who actually LIVE there. Thanks for any response!!!

:whistling: You could always move here to Canada,

Though the Uk can be a good place to visit though :thumbsup:

Just my opinion.

Edited by Thor.

If you're in a first world country then the grass is never greener on the other side. The UK? High taxes, but good free healthcare, roads, policing, etc.

Distinct lack of gun crime compared to some parts of the world as well.

I have something to say as well, not to mention there huge debt and riots :whistling:

But coming from My Relatives who live there say they wouldn't live anywhere else :thumbsup:

Causins and such

Edited by Thor.

I have been wondering, mainly because I would like to move to the UK at some point, what is it like? I don't like where I live right now because society in my area is just so messed up. Anyways, back to the subject. What's life like? Do you like it? Is it annoying? I want to get a better feel of a country I don't know about before I would ever decide to move their. I am still going to plan a trip to some part of the UK in the future, I just was wondering what some peoples opinions of it are who actually LIVE there. Thanks for any response!!!

I haven't lived in the UK but I've lived in 6 different countries and I agree with Dark0ne that grass is always greener... If I could choose any country in the world to live it would be Canada because it's like the US except with health care and people are less stabby and shooty so you get a great quality of life and can buy all the new products and services that you see online without bankrupting yourself.

Hmm, I still want to get my own opinion by visiting there at some point. I noticed the high taxes, but then a lot of other things are free because of it. So instead of making several different confusing payments, it is one if I am correct. I think UK just seems simpler in comparison.By the way, my thought of moving their wasn't intentionally because of I thought it was "better" or anything. I just like their system, always have. Well thanks for all the feedback everyone. :thumbsup:

If you're in a first world country then the grass is never greener on the other side. The UK? High taxes, but good free healthcare, roads, policing, etc.

Distinct lack of gun crime compared to some parts of the world as well.

This made me laugh considering I am one of the victims of the UK's ' free healthcare' queues.

Your experience will depend on how much money you have/earn and where you live. Outside of the scummiest areas crime is generally low and gun crime virtually non existent. Taxes are high but as a resident you would get things like free healthcare (eventually) that usually won't kill you, it's worth mentioning that visitors from non E.U countries are expected to pay for everything other than emergency treatment so make sure you're insured if you're only visiting. Prices are high, property prices are crazy in some parts and rents generally reflect the ridiculous price the owner paid for the property. Honestly I'm struggling to come up with anything positive. :unsure: