Skyrim Xbox?

Crazylatino25

Maybe more than 2 years, but you get the meaning :P It's more expensive to build a PC in the long run, since every time you upgrade it it's more expensive than buying a console usually, and the consoles last some 5-6 years if you actually have it in a well ventilated area (I just stick mine next to a huge fan I bought for I think $20). By that time the new consoles will be out soon, and you'll have to upgrade the PC/console anyways, the second option being cheaper.

Also, hector, the reason the RRoD occurs is when the black stuff inside (don't know what it's called) melts and sticks to the hardware inside. That said, it has to get real hot for that to happen...

Also, hector, the reason the RRoD occurs is when the black stuff inside (don't know what it's called) melts and sticks to the hardware inside. That said, it has to get real hot for that to happen...

really? i always thought it was the fact first gen 360 were a POS that had a 75% failure rate. silly me.

really? i always thought it was the fact first gen 360 were a POS that had a 75% failure rate. silly me.

Not mine .. Ive had the same 360 from launch and its never broken on me .. I think its a heat thing for sure since I live up north

Maybe more than 2 years, but you get the meaning :P It's more expensive to build a PC in the long run, since every time you upgrade it it's more expensive than buying a console usually, and the consoles last some 5-6

Not any more. They did intend that with this generation, however a couple years back Sony and M$ actaully sat down and decided to make this one last longer. Primarily due to hardware costs of the console. In talking to developers, they were all on board as well. Being switching hardware every 5 years is actually a costly thing to do even for them.

If you buy 10 games for the console, that extra expense alone would actually put them about the same price tag. Games are not cheap. A console for me is something more well off people buy. it is luxury item and nothing more.

Edited by Ghogiel

Not mine .. Ive had the same 360 from launch and its never broken on me .. I think its a heat thing for sure since I live up north

nope, http://consumerist.com/2009/08/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds.html impossible for RRoD is come from heat when more then half will fail. first gen 360 were just a POS. end of story. no intercooler can save it from RRoDing if you owned a defective one like me.

My first 360 red ringed on me. I opened it and there was just black goo all over everything from the bottom up. That's why I now have a fan :P It was very hot goo too, so I'm assuming it's heat. Don't know about yours though...

EDIT: If only we still lived in the age of $20 games...

Edited by Guest