What is your political philosophy?

PowderdToastMan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reject adopting "yippie" as that connotes a much smaller group, and the hippie movement encompassed a much wider group who held anti-war sentiments, even on a casual level.

And communes is notably and obviously communist terminology. Communists believe in the government handling every aspect of life. which is, of course, the antithesis of the american dream, and the american way. Henceforth - anti-american

Obvious communist terminology? No, but I find that amusingly predictable. Communism is an ism - a monetary system. A commune is an interdependent community who shares their resources, work load, food and essentials.

Other words that originate from the same root etymology are Communicate (implying a shared language or understanding), community (a shared residential area or professional association). Also communion, a spiritual merging, prayer, or eucharist; it means to have or to hold things in common.

Words are not dirty. People twist them into dirty things, most often using propaganda.

ooh your good.

That was a mis -speak...type on my part.

What i should have said is not that communes is communist terminology, but that communist systems use communes as a way of implimenting their programs.

But i would disagree that communism is nothing but a money system.

There's mine:

Economic Left/Right: -7.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

I am almost universally loathed. ;)

Really Baron? :facepalm: :whistling: I didn't know wether to dig out an enormous violin or just offer a hug (I think you're a very nice person - bit oversenstive sometimes but hey) but the smiley was noted :biggrin:

You know, being anything but far left is usually what gets you loathed on the web too considering where we all know where that invisible good vs evil axis exists on that chart according to all "clever" people. :tongue: