Diablo III

WastelandWolverine

So i am currently playing the beta for Diablo III and....I expected a lot more. The graphics are barely to WoW standards and yet somehow if I have them on high my system lags for miles. I have to run the whole thing in windowed mode in order to not have a choppy game. Not that it seems to make much difference because I can barely see the characters on the screen with how small they are. It has an optional fake windowed mod called Full-screen Windowed Mode but that hardly seems to help anything. All in all the story line is okay, I like the amounts of action in the game, it is what you would expect on that note....but I don't know I just expected a lot more from a game that is being published in the year 2011. Especially from a graphics standpoint. I can run New Vegas all day long on my system but something with sub par WoW graphics makes me lag? Given that problem may be corrected come release but i just don't know. I wanted to get other opinions/thoughts.

Yeah, it's still a beta. Blizzard has always been good about their games running on about any system, so don't worry too much about performance. In terms of graphics...they also make them "meh" to make sure everyone can play too. Graphics aren't everything...

I've been reading a lot on D3. So far, it looks OK...but still. Hopefully they'll change quite a bit before it comes out. As is, I wouldn't buy it.

That's what I'm thinking. If its the same as it is now upon release....well than i will consider myself lucky for having gotten the beta and saved 50 bucks. I mean if they were only gonna charge like 20 buck than okay I might pick it up, but at this stage the usual 50-60 is a big no way.

So i am currently playing the beta for Diablo III and....I expected a lot more. The graphics are barely to WoW standards and yet somehow if I have them on high my system lags for miles. I have to run the whole thing in windowed mode in order to not have a choppy game. Not that it seems to make much difference because I can barely see the characters on the screen with how small they are. It has an optional fake windowed mod called Full-screen Windowed Mode but that hardly

I agree. The graphics look outdated. I would guess they finished the main graphics part of the engine in 2006 and then spent the last 5 years understaffed creating the game content, implementing the new b.net and balancing game play stuff. Starcraft was the same thing. It looked like they took the 2003 Warcraft 3 engine, upgraded it visually a little bit and then spent the next 2 years balancing and polishing the races while the graphics were left to go out of date.

If I were to recommend Blizzard change one thing on their games I would say increase the resolution of textures.

i thought Starcraft 2 looks fine.

i think Diablo 3 looks like Fate or Torchlight. considering the game is supposed to be a dark gritty bloody game, i was always hoping for more "real" looking graphics, not the graphics of the mentioned games.

still i will buy it. but since the moment i saw D3, i didnt like the artistic style....

but not necessarily a day 1 buy for me. i might not wait for a price drop, cause thatll prolly take a while with a game of this calibur, but i dont see myself running out and getting this or pre ordering (unless something badass was givin as a pre order prize lol im a sucker for those) i hope to hear good things upon reviews

Edited by hoofhearted4

I'm getting Torchlight 2 myself. I loved the first one, it has some of the original Diablo 1/2 devs on the team and it's going to be only 20 dollars on release day.

Also it doesn't force you to play online even for single player, and it doesn't forbid mods. :P

If you want to play online...suggest going on Ladder...cooler items you can make ;-). Sadly, about 95% of the population of D2 is bots...so it's best to get some buddies together and make a password protected game. Otherwise, a bunch of bots will join your game and spam your screen so much that you can't see what you're doing :P Annoying as heck, but still a great game. I'm playing Hardcore Ladder (if you die, that's it) right now on USEast.

Still, I dunno, it's Diablo but it's not....way too many changes, looking more like a "free WoW" to me so far :( But, I still have a little hope left.