Which is better Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas?

kieranbhoy

Which Is Better Fallout 3 Or Fallout New Veags?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: Fallout 3 Or Fallout New Veags? Give reasons

• Fallout 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Both
    • None

I thought the writing, dialogue and story were much better in New Vegas. New Vegas didn't show you your desktop every 20 minutes either. :mad: Fallout 3 was a better sandbox and better suited to modding, the linear start to New Vegas did hurt the replay value as well. I liked both for different reasons, I honestly couldn't pick a favourite.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nv is definitely the better game. it's full of morally grey decisions and honestly, i had no idea how the end was going to play out. there are so many choices. most games are clear cut in terms of morality and the ending you'll end up with. it made the game so compelling. couple that with some of the best companion characters in modern gaming like boone, cass, veronica, and arcade gannon, and you have a recipe for success. did anyone care about the story in fo3? i didn't. just trying to find the dad. and of course fonv includes mechanics expected in shooters today, namely iron sights, as well as easily-added mods to seamlessly add other staples including sprinting, variable zoom scopes, and night vision/heat vision. top it all off with the hardcore mode and everything about the game feels alive.

if fonv came out before fo3, i don't think there would be anyone rooting for fo3. core gameplay is identical and the settings share several similarities, so in many ways it feels like more of the same. i love the formula but the mechanics and story weren't there in fo3. fonv remedies that.

I can't seem to decide which one is better.

Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere. It really felt like it was post apocalyptic. It also had really good DLC. (Point Lookout and Broken Steel being my favorites).

New Vegas was lacking in atmosphere, it didn't really feel like it was set in a post apocalyptic world. But the gameplay was a quite a lot better, especially the faction relations. It also had fewer crashes.

Both are on the same level in my opinion.

If New Vegas had a more post apocalyptic feel, it would win.

I can't seem to decide which one is better.

Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere. It really felt like it was post apocalyptic. It also had really good DLC. (Point Lookout and Broken Steel being my favorites).

New Vegas was lacking in atmosphere, it didn't really feel like it was set in a post apocalyptic world. But the gameplay was a quite a lot better, especially the faction relations. It also had fewer crashes.

Both are on the same level in my opinion.

True.

nv is definitely the better game. it's full of morally grey decisions and honestly, i had no idea how the end was going to play out. there are so many choices. most games are clear cut in terms of morality and the ending you'll end up with. it made the game so compelling. couple that with some of the best companion characters in modern gaming like boone, cass, veronica, and arcade gannon, and you have a recipe for success. did anyone care about the story in fo3? i didn't. just trying to find the dad. and of course fonv includes mechanics expected in shooters today, namely iron sights, as well as easily-added mods to seamlessly add other staples including sprinting, variable zoom scopes, and night vision/heat vision. top it all off with the hardcore mode and everything about the game feels alive.

if fonv came out before fo3, i don't think there would be anyone rooting for fo3. core gameplay is identical and the settings share several similarities, so in many ways it feels like more of the same. i love the formula but the mechanics and story weren't there in fo3. fonv remedies that.

i liked the companions in FO3. dont remember names off the top of my head, but the Robot was my favorite...i didnt "care" about the story in FO3, but the premise behind it intrigued me. purifiying water in a wasteland is an obsitcale that would really be there in a real post apocalypse. plus Liam Neeson was my Dad so i wanted to find him....on the opposite side, i didnt care about the Story in FONV, at least what i got through. i didnt care who i was, i didnt care who shot me, i wasnt sucked in, and i didnt have any urge to find out. i also didnt have any urge to explore NV. it wasnt as in depth of a wasteland as DC since its all desert. how can you tell if a desert has been nuked? you cant......i do like the weapon mods sure. i like anything where i can upgrade/modify stuff. didnt like the 1 perk per 3 lvls. wtf?!....hardcore mode was deff a good idea though. one i would have like to have had in FO3, since i actually liked playing FO3.....i had to get FONV for PC so i could use mods. you shouldnt HAVE to use mods to enjoy a game, you should use mods on a game you already like to make it even more fun (like i did with DAO...talk about best companions in games) so that for me is already a big negative to FONV.....maybe some ppl liked crafting and disassembling stuff but i found it to be the worst part of the game. thank god its not a necessity. of course i respect your opinion, because you state valid and well thought out points, i just disagree. :)

if FONV was more like FO3 it would win ;) lol

and i didnt quote it but, Fallout SHOULD be a little scarey and end of the worldish. its not a horror, but running through the tunnels only to have a ugly ass ghoul pop up in your face made me jump a couple of times. as well as other parts of the game and DLC (look at you Point Lookout)

Edited by hoofhearted4