If AI was created, should it have equal rights to humans?

marharth

Should AI machines have equal rights?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Equal rights or not?

Well... as most Europeans alive will attest to generically, Neanderthals live on IN us.

Genetics disagrees with you there is no proof of that statement, no Neanderthal Mitochondrial DNA has been found in modern Homo Sapiens, unless of course if you would like provide the first proof yourself.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So based on assumptions that any type of AI would be maligned towards humans they should by default be oppressed.

We have not created AI. All of this is assumed, except for my statement, which is has been proven, over and over. I ask it again.

no object created is equal to it's creator. When has this ever not been true.

Well... as most Europeans alive will attest to generically, Neanderthals live on IN us.

Genetics disagrees with you there is no proof of that statement, no Neanderthal Mitochondrial DNA has been found in modern Homo Sapiens, unless of course if you would like provide the first proof yourself.

Apparently our MtDNA is not similar to Neanderthal, but it still doesn't mean that the current research that suggests we have interbred is false. The research was published last year, and afiak hasn't been debunked. unless of course you want to be the first to debunk it.

Edited by Ghogiel

So based on assumptions that any type of AI would be maligned towards humans they should by default be oppressed.

We have not created AI. All of this is assumed, except for my statement, which is has been proven, over and over. I ask it again.

Parent >Child? :unsure:

Apparently our MtDNA is not similar to Neanderthal, but it still doesn't mean that the current research that suggests we have interbred is false. The research was published last year, and afiak hasn't been debunked. unless of course you want to be the first to debunk it.

No don't try to reverse this , you made the statement of fact ..support it with facts not supposition.

That is actually incorrect. Proof that Neanderthal DNA exist in many folks of European decent has been found. Give me some time and I will find something for you.

I'm talking about creating with the hands, not with something else. I assume you don't think that AI can be created by procreation?

No don't try to reverse this , you made the statement of fact ..support it with facts not supposition.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-neanderthal-genome-reveals-interbreeding-with-humans.html

I'm talking about creating with the hands, not with something else. I assume you don't think that AI can be created by procreation?

Oh so there are stipulations on creation, procreation doesn't count. Disregarding the organic connotation, procreation, or reproduction if you will, could certainly be a viable method of creating an AI. AI could create other AI.

A simplistic robot could be, and probably has been programmed to manufacture a more complex machine. I suppose that doesn't count either because the simplistic robot would be made by us.

I suppose then it can't be possible then. The universe as whole is the most complex thing, and everything if taken as a single element of it cannot be more complex than that itself as a whole, we just end up tracing everything ever created back to being created by the universe.

"Probably not. Some researchers had hypothesised that some human genes, including one involved in brain development, originated from interbreeding with Neanderthals, but Pääbo's team found no evidence for this. In fact, no Neanderthal DNA sequences are consistently found in humans. "Each person has a different bit of Neanderthal in them," says Reich."

In your reference article this is as close as you get to proof....it's miles away from fact, it's supposition still. Nice try..no cigar.

We are digressing however....

"Probably not. Some researchers had hypothesised that some human genes, including one involved in brain development, originated from interbreeding with Neanderthals, but Pääbo's team found no evidence for this. In fact, no Neanderthal DNA sequences are consistently found in humans. "Each person has a different bit of Neanderthal in them," says Reich."

In your reference article this is as close as you get to proof....it's miles away from fact, it's supposition still. Nice try..no cigar.

We are digressing however....

Reread it. :thumbsup: