The most enjoyable experience.

hejpadig

I played it with a 360 controller... and even though I have a dualshock hooked up to my PC, you know I might be playing with a mouse and keyboard.

I actually had a bit of a hard time with the 360 controller for some reason. I might try inverting the right analogue Y axis and see if that helps, looking up and down, the first thing I did was try to do it backwards :rolleyes:

pushing forward moves the camera to point up... I think I am a pull back for look up person.

Edited by Ghogiel

I played it with a 360 controller... and even though I have a dualshock hooked up to my PC, you know I might be playing with a mouse and keyboard.

I actually had a bit of a hard time with the 360 controller for some reason. I might try inverting the right analogue Y axis and see if that helps, looking up and down, the first thing I did was try to do it backwards :rolleyes:

pushing forward moves the camera to point up... I think I am a pull back for look up person.

wow.. thats oldschool ghogiel xD .. you must not play a lot of modern games on a controler? .. they all have that settup these days .. last time I played an inverted camera game was on the N64

My advice: if you have a computer that will run Skyrim well then don't settle for the console experience.

These are all the reasons I can think for getting it on PC rather than console:

The PC version has DX11 (better graphics in general), mods (and the community that comes with them), and the option for plug-in-controllers. The console version has 7 year old graphics, no mods, less community, and no option for mouse & keyboard.

Also, any patches will be released for PC first because there are less legal hoops to jump through that rob the develepers money.

As it will be a steam game if you get the digital version you don't need a disk, and can play it on up to 5 (of your own) computers with 1 copy (not simultaneously). If you get the console version your family will hate you for hogging the TV.

The main question is: are you a casual (console) gamer or a hardcore (PC) gamer?

Edited by Denizen

I think the best choice is the one that makes you comfortable.

I'll get the PC version because I'm kind of a casual gamer and I usually play for a bit, chill on forums and IRC a little bit, then play some more. Whileas on my PS3, the only thing that demands my attention is the game! I'm really into the game on the PC at first, yes, but then later when I move into the whole "Done 90% of the quests, time to mess around and do stuff", I usually run the game in a window so I can tab out and be all social and stuff.

Another thing I love about bethesda game is that they're so open. Don't like something? I can poke the game around using the editor and remove tiny nagging problems usually pretty easily.

I prefer the console for a good chunk of games, but I don't think console skyrim will mesh well with my casual approach to it.

Edited by Ultimatepurge

I dont think this topic was suppose to be about PC vs Console .. that argument is invalid since everything in the console version is on the PC version plus a billion other options .. this topic is more about controls .. keyboard/mouse vs controller .. which in my opinion is a much more valid conversation to have.

Since bethesda intends to release this game on both console and PC, I'd imagine it'd be a rather homogeneous experience if played straight vanilla.

To me, choice of controller means little, for I am well versed in operating first person games both with mouse/kb and Gamepad. I've seen the UI in action like most of us, and it's been explained how it works.

All in all I feel that bethesda has refined the control scheme for controllers even further with the whole two hand control system. Also the menu system is a tabbed interface, while not exactly perfect from a PC users standpoint, it seems good enough. But it's obviously designed with console limitations in mind and is probably going to be a marginally better experience with a controller.

But as far as I see it, the issue lies not with the tools you use to control the game, since to me they're not that different.

While the computer user is not going to get the feedback from rumble, or have just one thing in their hand, we on the other hand get perks like quicksaving.

Edited by Ultimatepurge

Which one has all the fun mods which extend gameplay for hours on end?

Question answered.

You can actually use console controls on a PC so you could do that if you wanted. That way you get the better graphics and modding fun plus your controller! (Which personally isn't a plus. I prefer proper hot keys instead of having to scroll through everything.)

Edited by Lord J