just cancelled my preorder

frakle

Yea they did mention that issue should have been resolved. But I did have it happen in beta a few times where the attacker was on Zero tickets when the Mcom exploded and it pushed them forward and gave them 100 tickets. Maybe they got a last minute revive on someone dunno.

If the bomb is armed and the attackers tickets reach 0 at the time it is armed, they can still win, as long as the bomb isn't disarmed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea kind of hopeing that is how it truelly works in release but 99 times out of 100 in beta we had it armed and hit 0 tickets before it was destroyed or even hitting 0 the moment it was destroyed and instead of moving to the next stage or winning the message would say your team lost :( Had that happen 4 times on the final stage of Metro where our team had armed the final objective and had both Mcoms exploded however the end messsage read Your Team lost because we had 0 tickets when the bomb mcom was eliminated.

PLaying the game in release trim I can't help but feel like OP was right all along. I genuinely regret wasting my money on this heap of garbage, it's lost everything that it had, and become another generic twitch FPS, and a very sub-par, unreliable one at that. Edited by Vindekarr

Finished the single player and it was just Meh, not good, but not aweful either. Multiplayer however has some nice meat in it though. Stuck to Conquest mostly and actually finished out the engineer class of most the unlocks (only things left is the CO-OP gun, and the accessories to the weapons I have). So far only came across one cheater in release and reported it via vent to the server admin for removal. (Was an Aimbot, Zero CoF and ESP by the looks of it as he was snapping from just about everyone in LOS of him and getting nothing but head shots).

just finished the single player and boy was it bad lol...

quick time events:

utterly annoying, much to fast for me most of the time and really unimmersive too, that second jump in the prologue alone took me like 10 tries to figure out i was supposed to hammer my spacebar to oblivion, in the last fight it even told me i didnt push at the right microsecond yet still let me succeed... well whatever

jets:

ya sure you can fly IN a jet... just not FLY a jet

action:

if you regard you sitting tight here, enemies spawning over there, shooting only at you and your useless comrades doing s*** as action... yeah then it has a lot of that

freedom:

there is none, stay close to the white rabbit which leads you and dont dare to venture elseweyr at all or youll be punished by death, basicly everythign has to be done as the game tells you when the game tells you or you die, and thats not just quicktime events, thats everywhere, dont even dare to think on your own or what youd do in that situation, noo, stay patient, let the cutscenes play whilst you can do absoluetly zip (like shoot the badguy in front of you) and hope you wont have fallen asleep when it tells you to hit some random button on your keyboard in the break of a nanosecond

destructible environment:

where is that? i can shoot some pieces of cover but those are all prescripted (heck fallout 3s engine allows for the same lol), you basicly can destroy absolutely nothing but glass and that i could do in duke nukem 3D yet and that was 1996

ai:

is there any? to me it seems like simple aimbots shooting at my head through cover of all kinds very accurately even if they dont see me at all whilst i cant even shoot through a bloody wooden desk with a bloody 7,62 FMJ

well ok, those two times i actually got attacked by a non scripted melee maniac were fun... 2 times lol

scripting:

hillarious, hillarious, everything is scripted here, and if you dont feel free to do as this game tells you the scripts wont kick in and you wont get on...

bugs/inconsistencies:

too many to count, i dont dare em gamebreaking tho most of the time its just rather unimmersive if a cutscene takes like 30scs and after that my dude magicially has a complete new loadout, new guns and stuff, wherefrom? the operator?

LAN / bots:

one of the main reasons for me to get it was cause i loved playing BF2 with my buddies, even those who didnt have internet in nice and neat bot matches doing coop against those pesky bots, guess what, they cut out LAN... they cut out bots... officially to fight piracy (lol my arse) but obviously because theyre cheap and lazy

textures:

ok

models:

worse than crysis 2 for sure, a lot worse... picantilli rails aint even modelled but are plain textures and the weapons look so bloody bland, ive seen better ones in FO3 vanilla

animations:

nice

overall graphics:

seem nice but overrated, no wonder if you make a game for consoles my grandma used to play on in her golden days, and no, just adding a bunch of players to multiplayer games and then pretending you heavily imrpoved the pc version to be fair towards people with SLI monster pcs is just plain bulls***... just be truthful and say that youre a bunch of lazy developers that have their heads up way too high between EAs buttocks to be bothered

mods:

there wont be mod tools, according to the devs modding BF3 is too complicated for us... ya sure... they just wanna sell their mediocre DLCs and mappacks... and you will need mappacks because the game only comes with 8 of them, heck even COD had more...

didnt get to test it online yet, need to get me a much longer LAN cable for that as wireless kinda sucks or at least thats what i assume after battlefoq tells me that im not worthy enough to play, (more likely its just theyr screwed up and overloaded servers according to the massive amount of people complaining that they cant get into an online match at all)

but since i cant even test it in a bot match i must assume its just as bad as the campaign was and will happily return my game tomorrow... if i still can... thx for stealing 60 bucks from me EA... guess ill think twice if ill ever pay for one of your so called games again or rather get me a nanny to hold my hand in a real game and just pretend its one of yours

oh... to be fair, here are the pro sides:

some flashy scenes like that basejump

erm i liked battlefield 1 and 2...

ya i guess thats my review for now, maybe i can get online before tomorrow and can say somin about multiplayer but i kinda doubt it

well online is the important piece anyways. anyone buying BF3 specifically for the campaign shouldnt be buying BF3, or any FPS now a days for that matter (kinda unfortunate really, i love campaigns, but w.e i spose)

i just wanna know how destructible the enviros on MP are....are the the same as BC2? are they worse like ive been hearing? or is it better like it was hyped up to be.....

is it just one big camp fest like im expecting it to be? (this is the biggest reason i dont want the game.)

do you die in two hits? cause in the Beta, i deff died a hell of a lot faster then i did in BC2. and this, coupled with prone, will make me deff drop this game

any thing else you wanna point out?

the reviews are generally good for this game, but i dont go on "professional" reviews for the most part. Peer reviews are what i look for

well i bought if for online play, but also for LAN, problem is i cant play any of those >.<

oh btw, just took a look at the EULA... that thing is basicly the worst breach of basic consumer law ever, dunno if you have somin like that where you are but over here in germany this game should actually be taken off the market and EA sued for a whole package of crimes... its basicly saying that if they like they could rape you sister and would not be guillable... :psyduck:

edit: guess thats whats gonna happen to my copy tomorrow if i dont get my money back:

http://theorigin.de/burn_BF3_02.png

Edited by jaysus

well i bought if for online play, but also for LAN, problem is i cant play any of those >.<

oh btw, just took a look at the EULA... that thing is basicly the worst breach of basic consumer law ever, dunno if you have somin like that where you are but over here in germany this game should actually be taken off the market and EA sued for a whole package of crimes... its basicly saying that if they like they could rape you sister and would not be guillable... :psyduck:

edit: guess thats whats gonna happen to my copy tomorrow if i dont get my money back:

http://theorigin.de/burn_BF3_02.png

You bought it and burned it because you didn't like the campaign. :facepalm:

Campaign in a Battlefield game