just cancelled my preorder

frakle

@jaysus

Oh yes, of cause.

@Topic

Meh, what I'm pretty certain that this is no Battlefield for me. They should have kept bots and the old server browser. I would have loved a combination of BF1942 and BF2. But this sounds more like a BFBC3 instead. Which is a great game with lots of action, no question, but it has not the spirit which I loved on the BF franchise.

I hoped that they include great maps like in BF1942 with lots of very huge vehicles to drive.

I miss these kind of epic battles which the first title had to offer.

BF1942 can be very exiting, if you get a server with the right people.

I certainly had my most fun on an Australian server. The chat sometimes was just gorgeous and there even was a better team-play than in BF2. In never got that feeling in later Battlefields.

Another point ist that you had a way wider variety of vehicles, so at the end there were much more opportunities to play.

By foot BF2 is little faster because of the sprint function and you also may get a better 'in the middle of the action' feeling with your char. It's also a very great game, but in another way than BF1942.

BF3 just seems to built on BFBC2. It's just typical that they didn't really implement the commo rose or the old communication system by pressing F-keys.

Yes, controllers just have such a few button to press...

Edited by tortured Tomato

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the very most, i might pick this game up a couple months before BC3, just for the sake of it. by then it should be mad cheap.

i don't know if they'll do a Bad Company 3. It seems rather unlikely actually.

I am more expecting the support for BF3 to last for about 2 or 3 years with quite a bit of expansions. I don't think they'll make another game within a short time for sure.

i was expecting it to be at least 2 years before BC3, but i guarantee they will do BC3. they would be stupid not to. EA will continue on any franchise to make a buck, and considering Bad Company is a hot seller, there is no doubt there will be a BC3.

Actually I have been hearing info that there will be at least 30 DLC packs for BF3, and it was stated that the next Battlefield game will not likely come out for 2 to 3 years and the next one they have planned will be Battlefield 4.

if thats true, thats a bad move on their part, however i could care less. as i said, i dont like FPSs enough to care, and since BC2 is the only FPS game ive ever played, and the only Battlefield game ive ever played, its not like im itching to hear the rest of the story or anything.

ive got a friends list full of friends to play BC2 with for as long as the servers stay open.....that is, when i actually decide to play. havent touched it since before the PSN crash, which just goes to show how much i rly wanna play it :P (that was March/April btw)

Actually I have been hearing info that there will be at least 30 DLC packs for BF3, and it was stated that the next Battlefield game will not likely come out for 2 to 3 years and the next one they have planned will be Battlefield 4.

I would probably agree. Battlefield 3 is a very well developed platform EA/DICE have spent millions of dollars on. No way they will ditch it any time soon for sure.

idk, im still hearing from other sources, that its most likely that BC3 will be out in a couple of years.

still...i dont think EA/DICE has said one way or another.

• 1 month later...

I got it today.... loving it.

Better recoil (as in more.... most games have the recoil of a .22 on a .50)

Cool graphics (Even if it does rape my computer)

And I've not found any campers.... well I found one, but he really couldn't be blamed, I kept trying to kill him over and over from behind a barrel, being rezzed over and over)

I used to play cod (been playing BF for few years now though), and it's nothing like that garbage!

I've never understood why people camp, I like BF for the fact that I can get 1 kill and 7 deaths, yet still come out with the most points, for simply doing my job and helping the team!

As for bullet damage- I like realism.

Don't know if you've seen a .308 bullet, but if that hits you in the leg, you arn't going to be running off!

I always play hardcore, to make the bullets do more damage anyway... If I hit you in the torso 4 times, you damn well better die.

Bad company two was my first battlefield game...and I loved it. Played it pretty religiously, although it took me a long while to hit 50. (i mostly play rush..sorry battlefield vets, I know the 'true' mode is conquest).

I absolutely love battlefield three. Played it on the console first, and then got a PC that can run BF3 with no issues what so ever....and I'm having an absolute blast.

A lot of people are complaining about the campers or the CoD Kiddies.....all i can say in return is its *very* easy to uproot a camper....if there's no roof above their head use a mortar....they are designed to soften up fortified positions. If they're indoors, go around their spot. maps are designed to have multiple ways to get to the objective....hell, go around and get the camper from the direction they aren't looking.

I never had an issue with the bullet damage either....realistically speaking if you get hit with anything coming out of a gun..chances are you arent going to be able to hold your aim point on anyone no matter what. at the very least you're going to flinch, at the worst you're gonna die before you hit the ground. But that's real life, battlefield is a quasi-realistic shooter, if you think people are dying too fast? play normal mode. If people are taking too many rounds before falling? play hardcore.

The "CoD" kiddies, or people on their stereotypical intelligence level you are going to find in any game no matter what. Video gaming is becoming mainstream. we're all gonna have to deal with it.

I still found it funny yesterday. There was a delightful christmas noob in the server that my clan runs. He had a sniper rifle out, as did i. His semi auto bullets are falling at my feet, i take one carefully aimed bolt action shot and OHK him. He calls hacks on me, because his crosshair was straight over my face and i didnt die. 5 minutes later, he left the server :) All this, however, was amidst a torrent of rage filled words about other players that killed him, then came that his reload was too slow, and finally, right before he left, 'TOO MUCH RECOIL THIS GAME SUCKS'

Wow dude just wow. I see a lot of people complain about recoil when their shotting at long distances. Apparnetly they haven't figured out Bullet drop and bullet velocity yet. 7.62*51 or 7.62*54r 200m is first line down 400 for the next line; .338 Lapua mag first line 500 meters, second line 1k. Heck if they don't even notice it when their shotting just about every dang thing on their way to the fight their pretty brain dead, and seriously have little to no situation awareness.