The EU and Greece economy

SilverDNA

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Greece doing a good job in stepping up agaisnt it's finacial crisis?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont know.
  2. 2. Is the EU doing a good job in stepping up agaisnt Greece finacial crisis?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont know.

The Eu trying to get control over Greece handling debt crisis. Strikes in Greece good or bad right or wrong you can debate it here how the EU is handling it. How are the measures of Greece against the crisis. All that you can debate here please. Edited by SilverDNA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem amongst many in Greece has been for a long time an old fashioned tax system, that did not work through out to fill in enough to carry their budget. That hold together with a major move from --70th junta into modern time has cost a lot of money, money that wasn´t there to spend.

Do they handle it well? They have no other options at the moment than having major cuts in their budgets, supported by borrowed money. Problem is EU see Greece as a thread to the Euro, since they are a member of the "Euro zone". If Greece falls, the Euro can be stunned. Politicians in the EU Parlament seems not to be so much worried about the fall of Greece, as of the fall of the Euro.

China too has express their worries, and asked EU to stabelize our economi, and they have bought a major part of Greek state bonds, to stabalize econi in Greece just a little.

Well to be simple no one is doing anything about it besides protesters.

another reminder.... *sign*

Bben's debate rules

>snip<

Terms of engagement:

Stay on topic. trying to drag in some other topic as a part of your argument shows a lack of focus. And poor focus can hurt in a debate.

>snip<

If you don't really know anything about the subject, it's probably a good idea to refrain from posting until you do. It's no fun being caught in a crossfire.

>snip<

When you throw out a statement be prepared to back it up with documentation - You will be called on it.

>snip<

These rules are very general and subject to change on my whim. Any suggestions for changes or additions are appreciated and may even be considered.

One last rule - Play nice - or else.

Bben46, Moderator

Edited by SilverDNA

I have posted no and no.

Balagor has already explained much of what I was about to say. The reason I have posted no and no is that both the Greek government and the EU themselves have been too timid and indecisive in not taking tough and/or decisive action sooner - hence the Chinese government expressing their concern, like Balagor stated. The Greeks have wilted in the face of the violent protests, and as for the EU...well you wouldn't expect anything BUT dithering and wind-baggery from them.

What the Greek gov is doing kind of makes sense, but it doesn't excuse it. Since I don't know a lot of the ins and outs of what they are actually doing and nor looked at other options, I can only really say I don't know. There really isn't a good way to put it besides there is a systematic screw up pretty much universally across all the western economies. Caused by banks and governments, and what it expects to do to the working joe now is he gets far less standard of living for his increased taxes. Downgraded. I would like to think that there are other holes and to be plugged before passing off the buck.

However, If something actually changed in the bank, corporate sector, government screwing over the people in the future then I would accept the situation and look forward to the future, however there appears to be no indication anything is changing except people are getting the shaft, and have more shafting to look forward to.

Thank you Ginnyfizz :thumbsup:

I can agree on your and Balagors analysis. It has much a valid points. :thumbsup:

The real question is what to do with Greece now ?

Controlled insolvency or continue on course set?

Or are there other options?

Edited by SilverDNA