Ironhide Clan Armory (mod WIP)

lazureus

This main post has been brought over from the Bethesda Forums.

I wanted to start a post to help me keep going on my current modding project: Ironhide Armory, and to also show off how its going.

I hope to have this mod reasonably ready before the game releases.

Concept Art

-Weapons-

Mod Weapon Concept Image : Don't mind the Glass Polearm.. its horrible and will be changed.

Close Range Weapons

-Armor-

Ironhide Argonian Armor Concept - Hunters Cloak - IronHide Plate Armor

-Headgear-

IronHide Helm & Hunter's Cowl

-Town-

Proposed Town

-Fishing Equipment-

Fishing Spear & Basket

Test Model:

Dwarven Pole-Axe : Only 2161 polygons. Modeled in 3DSMax, Normal Map and Texture created in ZBrush (in like 10 minutes).

Model Progress Images

Finished Models

Story: This will contain spoilers, so if you wish to be surprised about the story of the mod, skip this altogether.

You may start interacting with this mod in one of many ways:

• You could stumble among one of the many unique items bearing the mark of an unknown clan, by finding it wedged in the body of a recently slain dragon, on the body of a long dead person in a dungeon, or finding it randomly in a shop.

• You may also start by bumping into a scout, hunter, or fisherman from the clan, and he/she may tell you about the town that has just been formed.

• Or you may just wander into the town by accident.

The town is predominantly occupied by Argonians, with a few other races scattered here and there. Many parts of it seem still under construction, depending on when you find it.

Even if you never visit the town, it will (hopefully) slowly evolve using the skills of the townsfolk.

As a player, you have the ability to help or hinder the progress of the town and its people.

You will be able to help the community by finding and setting up new and better trade routes with surrounding villages. Or you can use your skills to expand on the various industries of the village(hunting, smithing, or fishing). By doing this, you may gain access to services and items not available anywhere else in the province of Skyrim.

On the flip side, you can hinder the town’s progress by stealing, destroying important equipment, or even by mercilessly slaughtering the townsfolk. By doing this though, you will earn the ire of the entire clan. The will start sending out hunting parties and even buy the favors of local thugs to try to track you down.

Other Mod Ideas

I am hoping to create a small Argonian town North of Riften, nestled into the mountainside. Of course.. this may change if I can find a suitable plot of land near a major waterway.

I am definitely open to constructive criticism. I will also give requests a thought if they are well thought out and would make sense with an Argonian Fishing/Smithing village.

Cheers!

Edited by lazureus

• 2 weeks later...

Finally completed texturing a model... ZBrush is still new for me.

So here is the final texture to the Woodsman's Axe.. What do you think of it?

Took me about 3 days with a small 4x3" Wacom Graphire 3 tablet. and about 1.9 million faces in ZBrush for the normal map and texture. (had it up to 8 mill.. but kept running out of RAM)

Final model is 500 polygons.

I am hoping to create a small Argonian town North of Riften, nestled into the mountainside. Of course.. this may change if I can find a suitable plot of land near a major waterway.

I am definitely open to constructive criticism. I will also give requests a thought if they are well thought out and would make sense with an Argonian Fishing/Smithing village.

Cheers!

I would suggest finding a nice riverbank or lake and if possible have underwater entrances for argonian dwellings and some houses on the bank or shore for non- Argonians. Or even Argonian dwellings that have one above story and one below water story Similar to Laketown in LoTR but not entirely in the lake and built on top. I am not a modder, just find modding fascinating, so I don't know the level of work required, but i do remember a couple underwater doors in Oblivion.

Could sketch out idea r design if interested....

Finally completed texturing a model... ZBrush is still new for me.

So here is the final texture to the Woodsman's Axe.. What do you think of it?

Took me about 3 days with a small 4x3" Wacom Graphire 3 tablet. and about 1.9 million faces in ZBrush for the normal map and texture. (had it up to 8 mill.. but kept running out of RAM)

Final model is 500 polygons.

thumbs up for this mod ;D

very nice texturing btw, I have no idea if 500 polygons is good or not but it looks pretty sweat, the bending seems a little much from this view but It probably would be less noticable on an actual charector

Edited by Alistat